How long does it take to see final results of fat transfer to face?

I had fat transfer 7 days ago and when I smile I look like the "Joker" or "Howdy Doody". I had fat to the cheeks, upper eyes, lower eyes, nasal folds, jawline, and lips. I am afraid that I will always look freakish.

This is probably the worst time to assess your results

Everyone wants to know what the results will look like, so they stare obsessively in the mirror after procedures.

This is a procedure that requires patience before making final assessments.

At one week, you're probably as distorted-looking as you're going to be from the procedure. It should only get better from here.

Please follow up with your surgeon with your concerns.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Fat Transfer to Face

It takes 3-6 weeks for all the swelling to decrease after fat injections to the face.  I suggest having some patience.  Best, Dr. Emer.