Liposuction procedure.

I'm going to my country for three weeks and I thought I'd get liposuction over there but will I be able to go to the beach after a week? How long will the swelling last and will it be too noticeable ? Do I have to have some kind of tubes? Or how does the healing process happens can you please explain? Cause after that I'll be going to travel in Asia.

Sun exposure will inhibit optimal scar healing, and swimming is not recommended until 2 weeks after liposuction. If you do swim, rinse off afterwards. Beach vacations or holidays should be at least 4-6 weeks after surgery. The swelling will mostly subside within 4-6 weeks, but you won’t see your final results until 6 months. You should talk to your doctor about drains, but we do not use tubes or drains for liposuction. Patients drain fluid directly from their small incisions for approximately 12 hours after the procedure, so it is very important to stay hydrated post-operatively. The healing process is gradual but you can expect to go back to your daily activities within 3 days and can resume exercise within a week, although you may be sore. After one week it is safe to travel,  but if you’re traveling further, a long flight increases the risk of blood clots so it might be advisable to wait longer. We recommend speaking directly with the doctor performing your surgery about their specific technique and instructions.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

For a true hi def body procedure with sculpting, it takes 2-3 weeks to start to look normal and 3-6 months for the swelling to subside. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Dr derby

It is not a really good idea to go in full sun to the beach in the first weeks after your procedure. In that case it is better to schedule your lipo in the last 12 days of your stay. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD