Will I be okay with just liposuction (photos)

I don't want to do tummy tuck since it leaves huge scar. I'm 22 years old and I heard that if you're young your skin is more elastic so you wouldn't need a tummy tuck. Please recommend me something besides tummy tuck.

To have liposuction or liposculpting

Hi Ketato,
Thanks for your question and photos. You certainly are a great candidate for liposculpting. But again it all depends on your physical exam that will require an in person examination. Liposculpting creates more definition that just liposuction which is just removing fat and not necessarily shaping the body but just debunking or removing fat. Body contouring is what you need. I would recommend being seen a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience in body contouring. You even may be a candidate for cool sculpting if your not interested in surgery. Good Luck!   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS @liposuction @bodycontouring facebook @breastdoctor twitter @docmata instagram #drcarlosmata Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Ok for liposuction if I have good skin?

terrific question! Evaluating your photos, though it does not substitute for a thorough examination in clinic, I believe the liposuction will provide certain benefits.  Advantages: 1) faster recovery2) debulks the soft tissue 3) shorter recovery time4) significantly less scarring5) due to less surgical dissection, risks are less although the not significantly greater. Disadvantages:1) limits on the amount of skin contraction2) will not have the optimal contouring  as a tummy tuck3) will still have your cellulite dimpling with liposuction.4) best shaping is with tummy tuck. Consider your prioritiesIf you just want to decrease the width and less concerned with the flattest belly then the lipo is your best best. Good luck on your journey!

Sean T. Lille, MD

Thank you for your question and photos.  I feel you are a good candidate for liposuction alone.  You must maintain your results with diet and exercise.Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the stomach for 22-year-old?

You appear to be a very good candidate for liposuction and at this stage it would not consider a tummy tuck.  Likelihood of your skin tightening is excellent although like most normal people you have some skin laxity when you sit in a flex position. The benefit of liposuction is lack of significant scarring, the easy recovery and the generally dramatic improvement in patients like yourself.  Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to be examined face-to-face and enjoy your results. Remember though that a healthy diet and exercise regimen are important to maintain your successful results.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Okay with just lipo

Liposuction will definitely improve the way you will look and you should have adequate skin contraction to make you happy.  No, it won't give you the "washboard" abdomen that a tummy tuck will give you, but based on the photos that I currently see I don't think you need that at this time.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Lipo vs. Tummy Tuck

Good morning and thank you for your question along with photos. Being that you're so young and I'm assuming no childbirth, you might have a good chance of your skin responding well with just liposuction. Please seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Will I be okay with just liposuction

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Body Contouring Question

Hello,You would need to be examined. You can certainly do liposuction, however you will need to keep in mind it may not be 'perfectly smooth' due to the amount of fatty tissue that would be removed, and the fact that you do have a relative 'skin excess', as indicated by the slit-like appearance of your belly button.  Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Liposuction for tummy flattening #plasticsurgery

You appear to be a good candidate for tumescent liposuction. I would not personally recommend a tummy tuck.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting without or Without tummy tuck

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Best, Dr. Emer