Lab results show possible iron deficiency, can my breast augmentation be canceled due to my results? (photo)

So I have my breast augmentation schedule door the 1st of June just got my lab results back and it looks like some of the tests were not where they were supposed to be, called my PS and they said they would call me back, but I haven't heard anything, really hoping I don't have to cancel my surgery. I've tried to read online and it looks like I may have an iron deficiency, could that cause my surgery to be canceled? I attached pictures of my results.

Low iron and BBA

Thank you for your question. There is no reason that you should not proceed with your BBA because of low iron. Your primary care physician will most likely recommend a supplement. Best of luck with your surgery.

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Low Iron Pre Surgery

Thank you for your question. Typically, low iron is not unusual for many women and would not by itself contraindicate breast augmentation surgery. Your Plastic Surgeon will want to review your overall health picture with you to ensure that you are healthy to proceed.

All the best

Will your surgery be postponed?

If you were my patient, those lab results wouldn't stop your surgery.  I would have you take a multivitamin with iron starting now until the surgery.  However, you must check with your plastic surgeon to find out what he/she would like you to do.  I would suggest calling the office again to try and get a hold of someone as soon as possible.  Good luck!

Iron deficiency and breast augmentation

Your lab results show what may be a very slight iron deficiency, althought your hemoglobin is still on the low end of normal. There is no hard contraindication to proceed with surgery. Many surgeons do not require blood tests prior to a breast augmentation in a healthy patient. However, this is a judgement call on your surgeon's part, and moving forward with this result needs to be within his or her comfort level.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Iron deficiency

At my surgery center, you would not be cancelled for mild anemia assuming you were otherwise healthy. You need to check with your PS.

Lab results show possible iron deficiency, can my breast augmentation be canceled due to my results?

Of course your surgeon will help you make the final decision, but I don't see any reason why your surgery would be delayed. I'm sure that everything will be set to move forward. Have a great surgery!

Low Iron ?

There is no reason to not go forward with your surgery, assuming you are young, and without any other medical problems.  Your test indicate normal hemoglobin, with mild microcytosis and mild anisocytosis.  It could very well mean very mild iron deficiency, but not absolutely.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Low Iron before BA Surgery

Hello and thank you for the question. Low iron levels are common in women and may be corrected with an iron supplement. Your surgery should still be a go.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Iron deficiency?

The short answer is no.  You should be fine for a breast augmentation with low iron.  There are a couple things that would help.  First have you had other surgeries with low iron? What were those surgeries? Have your surgeon take a good history and then decide.  Breast augmentation surgery can be done with patients with low iron.  I would start taking oral iron supplements nonetheless. Hope this helps.
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Needs a check

Your blood is a little low but would need an OK by your internist for beast autmentation.
Iron deficiency can be treated with iron.