I had gynecomastia surgery but I still have boobs? (Photo)

I got gynecomastia surgery a few days ago and I look the same. Is this just a lot of swelling or what? If so how much more will go down? Please help I hope I didn't waste my money

What to Expect after Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Post Op Gynecomastia

See your surgeon as soon as possible in the event you have a collection of fluid.  It appears you are very swollen.  Wearing a compression vest helps with the healing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Gynecomastia surgery and swelling

You are only two days post-op. You need to be patient. It will take a few months for all the swelling to disappear and to see your final result. Talk with your surgeon about post-op care and things you can do to help the swelling resolve as quickly as possible. Good luck.
Thomas Taylor, MD
Pasadena, CA