I had arm lipo 2 months ago. Should I be concerned about the pocket nearest my armpit? (Photo)

Hello. Had arm lipo 2 months ago tomorrow. Before and current pics attached. I'm concerned about the little pocket nearest my armpit on both arms. It looks like it wasn't addresses in the procedure, and it isn't not skin-sensitive as is the rest of my arm. I've contacted my doc with same concerns .. Just want to be as educated as possible. Thank you !!

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- ARM CONTOURING

This is loose skin and unfortunately is not great for liposuction, you will need skin removal or thermiRF treatment to this area. I would consider external treatments like kybella or exilis ultra/venus legacy/endymed while you are healing.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Arm liposuction - pocket nearest arms

Thank you for asking about your arm lipsosuction.
  • Your surgeon will know if this area was treated or not -
  • It is possible is is swollen.
  • Give yourself four months to heal -
  • Then  have your surgeon revise the result if needed -
  • Options for revision are removing the area surgically if skin is loose, Kybella injections into the fat or liposuction of the area.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Arm Lipo 2 Months Ago, Pockets Under Armpits - Will They Resolve?

Every surgeon has a different technique for liposuction of the upper arm.  It's possible your plastic surgeon had planned a 2-step procedure, the first step being liposuction with the second step an elliptical excision of the residual axillary skin and fat.
It's also possible, depending on how you were positioned on the table at the time of the surgery, the redundant axillary skin and fat were not obvious, and therefore accidentally went unsuctioned.  
No matter what the cause of the residual fat and associated skin, it certainly is there.  More than likely, your plastic surgeon will be surprised and I am sure he or she will have an excellent game plan for its removal.