I'm wanting a opinion on HP or Mod + and what size for my petite body type. I would like to be a full C possibly low D. (photo)

I'm 5"1 and 115 lbs (A+ on Left & B- on right). I have 1 child. I'm wanting to get smooth silicone gel implants. I would like natural full breasts, I'm wanting a professional opinion on HP or Mod + for my petite body type. I would like to be a full C possibly low D. What size do you recommend to ultimately get achieved natural fullness. So far I like the way 350cc looks I've been told to go one up from what I like.. ? Also wondering to go 25cc or 50cc up on my left Breast for symmetry.

I am wanting an opinion...

The best way to choose your implant size is to try them by putting them on during a consultation in a bra and looking at them in the mirror I generally prefer high-profile and would probably recommend that for you. As far as choosing sides, find the two that you like best and choose the larger of them. Experiment with two different implants to understand if that improves your breast symmetry.

You gotta get what looks good.

With the Vectra imaging that you have provided, we can really begin to narrow down the implant volumes and profiles that will fit your frame, but the final decision as to the "best" one comes down to how they look on you to YOU.  

I would guess that the 350-cc would look quite pretty on you, but you have to select the implant that provides the fullness, proportion and shape that is pleasing to you.  You should take a look at some larger sizes, just to be sure that you have seen something too large, then do the same with smaller sizes.  That process will identify the "sweet spot" for sizes that you should love.

Although the technology with Vectra is very good, I still think the best test for determining if different size implants are needed is to try them on.  You may find that you like the volume match best if they are the same size, or perhaps you may find otherwise.  If we trust Vectra's assessment that you are 17-cc larger on the left, then the next size up in implants (usually the jump is about 25-cc) would make you 8-cc larger on the right.  That's not a noticeable difference, and you may like that choice.

As said, you should listen to your plastic surgeon.  Provided this a surgeon who is well experienced in breast augmentation surgery, you well get good advice.

Best of luck.

I'm wanting a opinion on HP or Mod + and what size for my petite body type. I would like to be a full C possibly low D.

Thank you for your question.  Personally I find most patients are happy with the moderate plus implant profile and a 350 cc size range  with additional 25-50 cc on the smaller side sounds like a good choice for you.  Based on your breast base width is certainly can go larger but rely on your feeling with the sizers placed into your bra.   You may also try the Rice test at home which is described in the Link below on breast implant sizing.

Recommendation to achieve natural fullness

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Mod + vs HP

Thank you for your questions. I'm going to Assume that the picture you submitted with the breast dimensions is your picture. Based on that picture you can have UP TO a 450 mL high profile silicone implant. This implant will still fit very nicely in your breasts. Your left breast is not much smaller than your right so going up one size will be fine. A mod + implant will not get you to your C/D cup goal. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

HP or Mod + and what size for my petite body type. I would like to be a full C possibly low D.

I've been performing breast enhancement surgery for over three decades and believe in allowing the plasitc surgeon to make the final implant selection based upon the actual appearance as well as shape and contour of your breasts as seen with test implants in place called sizers.  I also lean strongly toward the use of mid-profile or mid-plus profile implants to enhance cleavage and create a more natural look.  I think patients run into problems as they go to the extremes of implant size and projection.  You do appear to have very good natural anatomy and should be able to achieve a full C cup range and a nice result.  Please enjoy the video above regarding implant selection.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Implant Size

Great question! For the most natural look with silicone gel I recommend the high profile. It can get your breast to that C/D cup you are wishing for, but also making it look natural at the same time. An Ultra High profile might be too much fullness at the top for you and make you look a little faker. Good luck! 

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. Based on your photograph, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "top heavy" or "full C or low D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Breast Implant Sizing

You will surely be frustrated or disappointed if you communicate breast size using bra cups. There is no formula equating implant volume with bra cups, so no surgeon can guarantee a cup size. The good news is that cup size is really unimportant.  What's important is how you look in the mirror, and that is something you can test for. It's called sizing, and its low tech and simple.  Placing implants or specially made sizers of known volumes into a tightly fitted, unpadded bra and placing a shirt over while looking in the mirror will give you and your surgeon much more information than a cup size. HP implants look less 'natural' (whatever that means), and have a higher complication rate compared to lower profile devices. Be sure your surgeon is an ABPS certified/ASAPS member.  Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon