Is Tumescent Lipo w/transfer to Buttocks a safe procedure?

I see reviews when under general, mostly. I'm looking at getting this done while awake. I've only seen a few reviews while awake. Is this considered safer?

Awake

Awake liposuction has been safely performed by many doctors for several years. The risks of general anesthesia, although very low, can mostly be eliminated. Fewer drugs are used for and during the procedure, but it usually takes longer.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent Liposuction

This depends on the patient and the specifics of the procedure. It can be done, but I'd highly recommend you discuss this with you surgeon as they will give you the best insight. 

Lipo and buttock augmentation

I have performed BBL's under local. It can be done in the right patient.    Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Liposuction with fat transfer under local

This can be done, can be tolerated, however, the procedure can become uncomfortable despite preop assurances that it won't. Sometimes the local stops working and the procedure would have to be stopped, which could jeopardize results. An anesthesiologist can't be brought in for IV sedation/ general anesthesia- it must be arranged ahead of time.

Also, with only local, volumes must be smaller as no IV fluids are given. This can make recovery and results worse.

I prefer local for small areas, shorter surgeries, and not for fat grafting. For patient safety and comfort, an anesthesiologist should be present. While this increases costs, the benefits and results are well worth it and much better than a redo under anesthesia weeks later at additional costs.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.