How many syringes of Juvederm to get full, defined, pouty lips?? (photos)

I really want to get my lips enhanced as I feel that they seem so slim and small. I would like an IDEA as to how much and of what would be needed to get my lips much closer to the 2nd pic. TIA!!

How much Juvederm for full lips?

It's best to have a consultation with your plastic surgeon who can help you determine the ideal amount to achieve your goals. Because it's always easier to add more than it is to remove too much, start with one syringe (equal to 1 cc) divided approximately 50-55% in the upper lip and the rest in the lower lip. I find that it's bet to numb the lip with an injection of local anesthetic prior to injection of the filler. Be prepared to apply ice packs and allow sufficient time for swelling to resolve: at least 2-3 days.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Lip Injections

The choice and amount of product have to be determined at the time of the injection.  You can start with one syringe and you can immediately see the results and decide if you would like more product injected.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Fillers Long Term, Use Cannulas and a Conservative approach -- Restylane Silk/Juvederm

I suggest no more than 1-2 syringes in the first visit as the swelling can get very large and its best to do lip building over weeks rather than all at once.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Amount of Juvederm for Full, Pouty Lips

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Since you have excellent shape and structure to your lips, start with one syringe of Juvederm.  You will notice swelling that lasts approximately 7-10 days.  Return to your physician in 2 weeks for further enhancement as needed.  

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Your lips have a nice shape!

You are ahead of the game already with very pretty and "Cupid's Bow" shaping to your upper lip.

Enhancing them with Juvederm should provide a very nice result. I would recommend one syringe only--at least initially. Your injector should try to preserve the nice ratio that you have between the upper & lower lips; using, roughly 40-50% of the syringe for the upper, followed by the remainder for the lower.

Good luck!

William E. Shuell, MD
Phoenix OB/GYN

Juvederm

Hi WantItAll3703

Thank you for your question and photos.  When getting filler put into the lip it is always best to start off with just 1 syringe.  The lips have a lot of swelling so you don't want to do to much the first time.  I recommend starting with 1 syringe, then waiting a full 2 weeks for everything to settle.  At that point then you can always add a second syringe.  It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you

Juvederm for the lips - Williamsville, NY

For your first session, I recommend no more than 1 syringe. You can return a week later if you want more volumization, 

You can always add more !

Best

How many syringes of Juvederm to get full, defined, pouty lips?

Dear WantItAll3703,
If this is your first time getting your lips injected I would start a little more slowly rather than going full bore right out of the gate. After you have chosen your skilled injector (important step), I would recommend that you consider starting with one syringe, and then schedule a follow-up injection 1-2 of months later to add more if needed. Full lips can be really beautiful, especially on a young woman. They can also be a subject of ridicule if overdone because it can be unnatural and obvious. You don't want to be the topic of conversation, rather the girl with the pretty smile.
Good luck!

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon