Can you recommend a procedure that will return the tip of my nose to it's small, upturned shape, with or without surgery? (photo

I've uploaded a photo of before (2011) and present (2016). I've noticed this recently in photos. My nose also seems to have lost fat around the bridge and it often appears a little crooked. The tip seems very long, could it get longer?

It takes a rhinoplasty to shorten a nose

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

Mainly, I elevated the tip. Although your head is tilted a little back in the "before" photo you posted, even so it is curious how the tip looks droopier five years later. It's true that the tip of the nose droops with time; you've done a better than average job of identifying when it started to happen on you.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

A procedure to Reduce Tip and Shorten my Nose

Surgery would be necessary to achieve your stated goals. However, I need to see a full set of pictures as described on my website for nasal evaluation to make any suggestions.  

Revision rhinoplasty surgery

A full set of photographs are required to make a determination about what can be accomplished with the revision rhinoplasty procedure, since the nose is a three-dimensional structure. Relation rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so an in-person examinations also usually require. The tip of the nose can be lifted and the nose straightened. For many before and after examples, please see the link and the video below