Left breast harder and higher than right after revision. Right capsulectomy, left, nada. Why so hard? Right is soft. (photos)

redo11 days ago.3rd x in 20 years.Right ruptured.was prodded, scraped more than the left, but is soft, dropped, wonderful, no pain, no muscle contraction.swelled more,most of swelling gone,incision is great.LOVE my PS.2nd surgery with him.ps did total capsulectomy right side.Left had very thin capsule,didn't remove.revision done to release flexion deformity in both.Left more sore.left is high,harder.muscles can be felt on the top of my breast, contracted.Scar is angrier on left. Early CC?worried

May be Best to Consult with Your Surgeon for an Evaulation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It may be best to speak to your plastic surgeon about your concern. Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Breast Asymmetry

Without an examination, only speculation is possible. Possibility number one is fluid accumulation is causing firmer feel. The other possibility is that left has old capsule and a new, and large implant was placed. Best of luck!

Still too early to tell

Thanks for the great question and the photos. If you are only about 12 days out from surgery at this point it is really too hard to tell what your final result will look like. I tell most patient that it takes about 3 months for all of the swelling to go down and for the implants to drop. If you had a ruptured implant on the right side, that can cause more swelling temporarily as more work was done on that side. Because of this one breast may just take a little bit of time to catch up with the other breast. That being said, no two breasts are ever exactly alike. I always tell patients that sometimes they are more like sisters than twins. Best of luck and hang in there!

~Dr. Sieber

Concerns about possible breast implant encapsulation…

Your concerns, especially  your past experience, are understandable. Your description is consistent with encapsulation but online consultants will not be able to make a diagnosis for you.  Given the history of surgery only 11 days ago, it is most likely that the firmness and asymmetry that you are experiencing is related to post surgical changes (not encapsulation).

Your plastic surgeon, after examination will be able to help you with diagnosis, treatment recommendations and/or meaningful reassurance. Best wishes.