Has my right implant bottomed out? (Photos)

I think my right implant has bottomed out. It looks like a rock with a sock in it!! All upper pole fullness is gone and the right breast just hangs low and basically dissappears under clothing...not what I wanted!! I didn't wear a bra for 10 years with my prior implants and nothing ever hung or sagged.Surgeon told me he had opened up my pockets more for a more natural, hanging breast but what I wanted was more creams definition in the IMF? Thoughts?

Breast asymmetry

Yes, the right implant seems to have bottomed out. It can be repaired internally with permanent sutures.

Drop Out Vs. Surgical Misplacement

Your one day post photo shows implant already low. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery for a second consultation.  Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

You have an obvious asymmetry

and your surgeon should be able to easily appreciate this and offer you a revision under his policy so you can have a more even upper pole appearance.  It looks like you had a lift too and your nipple would have to be adjusted to match the other side as well.  You do need to give yourself at least 6 months from your procedure before diving back in.  And if your surgeon insists you look great, get a second opinion and vent on social media sites as there are many surgeons out there that employ that strategy of denial.

Curtis Wong, MD

Right implant bottomed out?

thank you for your pre and post op photos. They are very helpful. It does appear that you have bottoming out of the right implant. Unfortunately, in the setting of revision and large implants, this can happen fairly easily. The good news is that this is fixable, but will require more surgery. This isn't always an easy fix in the setting of large implants, but with the use of Strattice or some kind of ADM, your surgeon should be able to reset your fold to symmetrically match the other side. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Has my right implant bottomed out?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I agree that it appears that your right breast implant has dropped a bit too low on your chest causing the current asymmetry seen in your photographs. I would voice your concerns to your surgeon to appropriately diagnose the malposition and to discuss the surgical revision needed to correct it.  Hope this helps.

Bottomed out?

Hello, I can appreciate a difference in the shape of your breasts.  If this was not pre-existing and your breasts looked about the same before surgery, you could speak to your surgeon about options to improve the symmetry.

Has my right implant bottomed out?

I am sorry to hear about/see the problem you are having after revisionary breast augmentation surgery. I think your concerns are  appropriate; one breast implants does seem to sit lower on your chest wall, consistent with breast implant displacement.

Given your concerns, I think you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery which will likely involve capsulorraphy ( internal suture repair).  This procedure will serve to reconstruct the lower pole of the right breast and prevent migration of the breast implant too far inferiorly.  

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Implant issue

I would have to see  your preops as well to get a feel for what is going on.  If the implant its tight, then you may have a capsular contracture as well. Best of luck.