Dose masterbation ruins the suturs in vaginoplasty?
Doctor Answers 6
Important question: Sexual activity after vaginoplasty- what can I/we do..?
Yours is a very important and pertinent question, and one that I proactively discuss with all my patients. Here is all you need to know about "self sex" and partner sex after vaginoplasty/vaginal rejuvenation: (**Note: instructions are different for labiaplasty!)
1. "Nothing" first week. You don't want the additional swelling produced by arousal.
2. Beginning second week through end 3th week: Self-pleasuring (masturbation) OK. Partner sexual activities not involving any tongue or fingers inside vagina OK. "Between the breasts intercourse" OK.
3. End 3rd week on: Oral sex OK. Penis & fingers stay out!
4. One month anniversary: fingers inside OK, but no overstretching!
5. After you have been "cleared" by your surgeon (usually ~ 6-9 weeks): Penile-vaginal intercourse & toys OK.
This is what I tell my patients; other surgeons may have their own protocols.
Michael P Goodman MD
Davis, CA, USA
Can't wait to masturbate after your vaginoplasty?
So long as you stay far away from the vaginoplasty scars and nothing gets inserted into the vagina, there should be no issue with whatever you have in mind. Don't go crazy. Keep the area clean.
Restrictions after vaginal rejuvenation surgery
You might also like...
Masturbation & Sex post surgery
Masturbation should not hurt incision
Masterbation after vaginoplasty
I agree with the Dr Pelosi and Dr Goodman stay away from the suture line. Self stimulation of the clitoris should be fine as long as you didn't have a labiaplasty or clitoral hood work
John R Miklos MD
Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.