Continue with cool sculpting or laser liposuction? (photos)

I have had three treatments of coolsculpting and feel as if this has been a waste of money. I do notice a difference, but not as much as I wo like. I decided to go the non invasive route because I can't take time off from work. My job requires agility and movement so I can't be in pain for long. Is laser/vapor liposuction the best route?

Coolsculpt vs. Laser Lipo.

You have a nice figure and need body sculpting.  A gifted liposuction surgeon can sculpt a flat abdomen and waist and get you into a bikini.  Coolsculpting cannot perform body sculpting like laser liposuction.

Cedar Park Family Physician

Coolsculpting vs VASER hi def body contouring

Based on your body type you do not look like a candidate that will see the results you would like to see with coolsculpting alone. On the other hand, finding an expert in VASER Liposuction w/ fat transfer you could be finding the result you have wanted every time you tried went in to have hours of applicators put on your body resulting in very small differences. The combination of VASER Lipo with fat transfer we could harvest the fat and inject into areas of your body you would like to see sculpted or totally defined. Please consult with a cosmetic surgeon who specializes in this type of procedure. Best, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

CoolSculpting vs Laser Liposuction

Non-invasive laser liposuction such as coolsculpting isn't as effective at removing fat and improving body shape as minimally invasive liposuction such as Smartlipo and other laser liposuction techniques that use a very small incision site.I recommend doing laser liposuction; your goal is to have little down time and laser liposuction can achieve this goal. You should be back to work within a day or two so if you have the procedure on a Friday, you will be back to work by'll be a little sore but should be able to function if you take Ibuprofen for pain.
Good luck!

Liposuction vs coolsculpting

Good question.   From your description and photos it looks like you got a good but not great result with CoolSculpting.   CoolSculpting works, I have first hand appreciation for that.   However, having realistic expectations of what it can do is very important for any patient considering it.   Liposuction is a much more aggressive treatment option but as you have stated there is downtime and it is a surgical procedure.   Regarding choosing which liposuction technology to use I feel strongly that a good surgeon can get a good result with any of them and a poor surgeon can get a poor result with any of them.   Choose your surgeon, let him/ her choose the technology.   

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs coolsculpting

Coolsculpting and other non-invasive body contouring procedures can be great options.  Generally, the end results are not as profound as liposuction results.   However, the downtime from liposuction is often overstated.  I would recommend having liposuction performed under local anesthesia as the downtime is minimal.  Most patients can be back to work in 2 days and back to light exercise in 3-4 days.   The biggest obstacle is the compression garment needed.   The addition of tightening with vaser or laser can help to additionally tightend skin.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Results -- Consider VASER hi definition liposuction

Coolsculpting only does a small improvement in the treatment area and cannot give you defining and contouring.  It takes 90 days to see the 15-20% improvement from a single treatment. For immediate results, consider a VASER hi definition procedure, this will give you the best results in fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Coolsculpting vs Liposuction

I agree,The non-invasive treatments like Coolsculpt, Liposonix, Accent Ultra typically only are successful for mild localised fat deposits. I mainly hear of disappointing results. On the other hand, surgical liposuction is definitive. It actually removes the fat "out of your body". the 2 modern platforms are Vaser (ultrasound assisted) liposuction or the new Alma Laser, LipoLife. This latter is actual surgical laser assisted liposuction.
I think you really should consider an actual surgical liposuction procedure instead of the non-invasive approaches.

Robert Goldman, MBBS, FRACS
Perth General Surgeon

Body Sculpting

Non- invasive approaches like cool sculpting result in minimal to no change typically. Rarely do I hear from a patient that there is a significant change. Liposuction on the other hand works. It's actual fat removal. Regarding you, you may not have a substantial amount of fat to remove.  Pleases visit with a specialist to discuss in person. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS