How to care for lipo and tummy tuck after procedure?

.I am considering doing a tummy tuck however I am a bit concerned of how to care for the incision after surgery. Can you provide post op instructions and the care for after lipo and tummy tuck? My Dr is on vacation and couldnt get ahold of her to ask her more questions

Postoperative Care for TT & Lipo

Before undergoing a cosmetic procedure, it is important to understand the postoperative protocol recommended by your board-certified plastic surgeon. After having tummy tuck surgery and liposuction, patients typically wear a compression garment and have activity restrictions for 6 weeks. Caring for your incision is essential. Many patients benefit from using Embrace Active Scar Defense, an active scar device that helps to relieve tension. It stabilizes the scar, protecting it from everyday movement. There is also added benefits of silicone, which hydrates and softens the scar.  If your doctor is on vacation, the office staff is can be a very helpful resource if you have questions.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Post Operative Care

Thank you for your question.  The post operative care can vary based on how your incisions are closed and what your specific surgeons likes.  I would recommend you ask the office again as her staff may be able to forward you her information, otherwise, wait until she is back from vacation.

Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Post operative care after abdominoplasty

it depends on how the closure is accomplished, including whether you have skin sutures, sterriistrips, or both. Certainly should avoid stressing incision line. and   avoiding cardio exercise for at least 3-4 weeks.  your surgeon is the best source of advice.  you will need help with household activities, and probably will need someone else to shop for you for a few weeks.  there is usually less recovery after liposuction than abdominoplasty.

William Jervis, Jr., MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Post-operative instruction for liposuction and tummy tuck

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and tummy tuck recovery.

• Your own surgeon is legally responsible for providing you the instructions you need after surgery.
  • Every surgeon does things differently - and every patient has different needs.
  • I strongly suggest that you contact your surgeon's office and schedule a second visit or a phone appointment on her return to have all your questions answered. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hi-

Different plastic surgeons will have different recommendations as far as the post operative recovery is concerned. The most important thing is to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that you feel comfortable with and go over all your options. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative Instructions

I agree that checking with your surgeon is most important. Having said that, I ask that all my patients wear moderately compressive garments over the surgical area for at least six weeks after surgery. This usually includes an abdominal binder and something similar to SPANX. No lifting more than a gallon of milk for 6 - 8 weeks. No abdominal exercises or crunches for 6 weeks. Start scar massage or silicone taping 1-2 weeks after surgery. If you have drains, your surgeon should give you specific instructions on how to empty and care for them.  No showers or baths while your drains are in, sponge baths only. I have my patients take antibiotics until the drains are removed. Good luck!

Always Ask Your Surgeon

Because each patient receives a personalized treatment, only your board-certified plastic surgeon can deliver proper post-operative care instructions. If you are unable to reach them, the clinical staff should have more information to help guide you through your recovery until they return.

Some general post-op liposuction care tips may include:

-Use your compression garment as instructed to reduce swelling and ensure proper healing

-Avoid strenuous work or activity until instructed by your surgeon

-Keep incisions clean

If you have more specific issues and questions, call your plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Michael F. McGuire, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Liposuction After care includes RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra) Cellutone/zwave

I recommend following up with your Dr's office about their aftercare protocols. I recommend adding lymphatic massage and hyperbaric oxygen along with your compression to reduce swelling. I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite. Best, Dr. Emer