Does this look like an infection of my breast lift scar 2 weeks postop? (Photo)

I am two weeks post op today from a breast lift with implants. I just noticed this yellow looking stuff under my incision. I did have drains for 10 days after surgery but this side was still draining about 25 cc the day I had them removed. I'm concerned about infection and or seroma.

Does this look like an infection of my breast lift scar 2 weeks postop?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I suggest you to get an appointment with your plastic surgeon to help you to protect and clean your incisions, you have to keep your wound cleand and infection free, please visit your surgeon to prevent any infection, hugs!

Can't tell by the photo alone.  You require a physical examination.  Please make an appointment with your surgeon ASAP to be evaluated.  Don't let things linger.  With prompt attention, usually most issues are easily addressed.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift - do I have an infection

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

• I am sorry this has occurred -
  • You need to call your plastic surgeon and arrange to be seen.
  • One cannot tell from the photo whether you have an infection, raised skin edges or some other problem.
  • Your surgical fee includes your post-operative care - please make use of this by seeing your own surgeon for the best possible advice.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Wound on breast lift

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam it is hard to advise from just the picture.  If you have fever, drainage, increasing redness--you can have an infection, but only your plastic surgeon knows what you should look like at this stage of recovery, please call him/her and discuss ASAP.

Possible infection 2 weeks post op

Hello and thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your recovery. From the photos you provided, it is difficult to see exactly what the issues could be, if there are any. I wouldn't worry about the drainage amount too much, every surgeon has their own policies they adhere to when it comes to drain removal. If you have any doubt about the normal healing of your incisions, schedule an appointment as soon as possible with your surgeon. Best Wishes. 

Possible infection

I would suggest contacting your surgeon to be seen ASAP.  The photos are not helpful and it is difficult to see exactly what is going on. 

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon