Should i get a tummy tuck now or lose more weight/wait more before doing it? (photos)

i have gone from 265lbs to 160lbs ( i am 21yrs old and 6'1 ) and i have kept this weight around 6 months already, could my skin improve if i lose more weight and build some muscle or is surgery my only option? if so would losing more weight be better for the operation? thanks

Tummy tuck post weight loss.

Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss. Unfortunately, continued weight loss will only make skin laxity worse, and honestly, you are at a very healthy and appropriate weight. You will get an excellent result from a tummy tuck.

I recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and remember to ask if they perform a No-Drain Tummy Tuck.

Tummy tuck after weight loss?

You appear to have considerable skin excess subsequent to your weight loss. Congratulations on your efforts thus far! Your physique should benefit from a modified tummy tuck: the actual pattern of your skin incisions will depend on the location of the loose skin. Plan to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate a considerable amount of experience with body contouring surgery after weight loss.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Unfortunately no amount of weight loss can get rid of excess skin. Because you are relatively young you probably have less than someone in their 40s who lost a similar amount of weight, but still would require excisional surgery to remove it. You may only require a mini tummy tuck, but the only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what your options are. Best of luck!  

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Should i get a tummy tuck now or lose more weight/wait more before doing it?

Hello dea,r, thanks for your post and provided infortation and pictures as well. Based on your pictures you look to be a really good candidate for a tummy tuck. I recommend to make an evaluation with a certified plastic surgeon to talk about your goals. Conratulations and good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss! Thank you for the pictures and question, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck. Consult with a board certified PS. Best of luck!

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You are a great candidate for a Male Tummy Tuck .... it will improve your abdomen area a lot. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck after Weight Loss

Dear Santiago17

Well done on the weight loss! I would suggest once you are at a stable weight for a minimum of 6 months thats the time to consider surgery. Muscle gain is not going to change the overhanging apron, but surgery will. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consult.

Tummy Tuck after Weight Loss

When patients have experienced extreme weight loss due to diet and exercise, #gastricbypass surgery, or #stomachstapling  or #lapband surgery, there will be excess body skin that needs removal. In order to correct this problem many patients will need a #TummyTuck surgery, #panniculectomy, or #abdominoplasty. This is becoming a highly requested procedure among patients who wish to rid themselves of excess skin and tighten muscle in their abdominal area. This procedure can be beneficial for patients with loose skin and stretch marks following pregnancy, and patients who have undergone significant weight loss.

Now, it is always best to be at your goal weight before scheduling surgery. If you are looking to gain muscle weight it would not be good to have your abdominal skin too tight before doing so. You are best off to seek out a local board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation on what your best options would be both before and after abdominoplasty. Good luck.

Is it time for me to have a tummy tuck?

Hello, your skin will not improve with additional weight loss or exercise. Once skin has stretched beyond a certain point, it will not retract or shrink. At your current stable weight, you are certainly an adequate candidate for abdominoplasty. You appear to be very fit now and this is wonderful! Having an abdominoplasty is likely to boost your confidence.

Orna Fisher, MD