Should i get a tummy tuck now or lose more weight/wait more before doing it? (photos)

i have gone from 265lbs to 160lbs ( i am 21yrs old and 6'1 ) and i have kept this weight around 6 months already, could my skin improve if i lose more weight and build some muscle or is surgery my only option? if so would losing more weight be better for the operation? thanks

Congratulations!

Congratulations on your significant weight loss! Keeping it off for 6 months is also impressive. For your height, I wouldn't suggest losing any more weight. A tummy tuck is necessary to remove the extra skin. You've done the hard work; this will be a wonderful surgery for you. Congratulations again!

Tummy tuck- stopping the weight loss

Thanks for your question and the photos. You have done a remarkable job with your weight loss and at 6'1" , 160lbs. are actually slender based upon BMI. If you lose more weight you your skin will become looser. If you add more muscle mass you will likely become looser as well. Be happy with your weight loss, and now consider tightening the left over loose skin.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon