Lipo vaser gynecomastia - 6 weeks post-op.

good afternoon. about 45 days ago made me a Vaser lipo my lipomastia / ginecomastia..I still have not the result I expected and I feel very swollen, with flaccid skin and feel as if there had been no changes. this is normal or should I get a new intervention? Thank you. greetings.

Lipo for gynecomastia

At 45 days, you should likely see some results. It could be that you need some skin resected or that you have actual breast tissue, which typically doesn't respond too well to liposuction and needs to be actually resected. It's difficult to say without a photo. If you underwent this from a plastic surgeon, see him/her again to discuss it. If not, I suggest getting a consult with a plastic surgeon for the best advice. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Gynecomastia Surgery Healing

Hi bbb555,

Thanks for the post. It is difficult to answer your question specifically without at least seeing a photo. Vaser liposuction is helpful for fibrous fatty tissue but will not help in removing breast tissue. At 6 weeks you should see an improvement over the pre surgery chest, although it can take 6 months to close to final results. I would not recommend any revision surgery until you are at least 6 months post surgery.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

RE: Lipo vaser gynecomastia - 6 weeks post-op

When glandular tissue is present, liposuction alone--even VASER liposuction, is not enough to treat gynecomastia.  Obviously, without seeing your photos or examining you, it's difficult to say whether or not liposuction was an adequate approach for your condition, but if the results seem less than anticipated, that might be part of the problem.  Similarly, if skin laxity is an issue, liposuction may not be enough, though it's too early to predict if you'll get adequate skin tightening related to the liposuction procedure.  That process is just in the early stages, and ongoing healing will be accompanied by further skin tightening over the coming year. 

Richard Silverman, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

6 Weeks Post Gynecomastia Surgery

After your #Gynecomastia #surgery, bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing.

Gynecomastia

Most patients need excision directly for the gynecomastia  This is a very common procedure.  it is done with excision as well as liposculpture of the the chest wall.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.   ask your doctor if he or she actual excised the tissue or not.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD