Breast augmentation was done in 5/09: 1) areola scaring: I have yet to see scarring around the nipple that looks like mine. Ive gone to 3 PS and asked what I could do, all said Im stuck with them and the PS should of gone around the dark part of my nipple. 2) not the same size
What Can I Do About Areola Scars from Breast Augmentation?
Doctor Answers 4
Breast scar management
1) Scar massage - starting as soon as the surgical dressings come off and the incisions are sealed
2) Silicone sheets or scar gels for about six months to year
3) Embrace - a tension reducing dressing for the first 2 months
4) Fractionated lasers to help blend the scar into the background - done as a series, starting about 4 weeks after surgery and repeated every four weeks for six months.
5) Sunscreen to prevent the scars from darkening
Options for unacceptable nipple scar after implants (photo/picture)
TI appears that you otherwise have an excellent result. At this point, you could consider scar revision or tattoo to restore pigment loss in the areola.
May consider a scar revision
Every person heals differently and will improve over the next 3 to 6 months. If your scars have widened then you may want to consider a scar revision. Some patients require up to one year to fully mature. A nice scar starts in the operation room. The incision must be placed in the right position, sutured keeping the tension off of the skin itself. Also it has been show that keeping the incision taped for the first three weeks keeps some of the early tension off of the scar. Then from the end of the third week to the end of the third month it helps to use a topical product with silicone.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.