What Would an Areola Reduction Surgery Do for Me? (photo)

Hi my name is Ashley and I was wondering what an areola reduction would do for me. I have a 38 C cup breast and a very large areola. My breasts aren't as perky as I want them to be. Would this surgery help make them fuller, or would I need to get another procedure preformed along with it? I live in Charleston, WV, about how much would this operation cost & any additional procedures. I was thinking about a breast lift/augmentation but I don't want the scars, & the $ required. What do you think?

Areola Reduction vs. Breast Lift

Thank you for sharing your photos.   I do not think you will get an aesthetically pleasing result with an areola reduction alone.   You have a large amount of loose skin and some asymmetry.  

This could be nicely corrected by a lollipop/circumvertical breast lift with auto-augmentation technique.  Yes, there would be more scarring, but the shape and symmetry would be dramatically improved.

I would recommend consulting with 3 board certified plastic surgeons in your community to learn more about your options and make the best informed decision.  Best wishes.

Dr. Gill

What Would an Areola Reduction Surgery Do for Me?

An areola reduction will not take the first photo to the second photo.  You would need either a vertical lift or a full breast lift to reduce the size of the areola and lift the breasts enough to achieve the second photo.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA