What Would an Areola Reduction Surgery Do for Me? (photo)

Hi my name is Ashley and I was wondering what an areola reduction would do for me. I have a 38 C cup breast and a very large areola. My breasts aren't as perky as I want them to be. Would this surgery help make them fuller, or would I need to get another procedure preformed along with it? I live in Charleston, WV, about how much would this operation cost & any additional procedures. I was thinking about a breast lift/augmentation but I don't want the scars, & the $ required. What do you think?

Areola Reduction vs. Breast Lift

Thank you for sharing your photos.   I do not think you will get an aesthetically pleasing result with an areola reduction alone.   You have a large amount of loose skin and some asymmetry.  

This could be nicely corrected by a lollipop/circumvertical breast lift with auto-augmentation technique.  Yes, there would be more scarring, but the shape and symmetry would be dramatically improved.

I would recommend consulting with 3 board certified plastic surgeons in your community to learn more about your options and make the best informed decision.  Best wishes.

Dr. Gill

Areola Reduction vs. Breast Lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Gill

What Would an Areola Reduction Surgery Do for Me?

An areola reduction will not take the first photo to the second photo.  You would need either a vertical lift or a full breast lift to reduce the size of the areola and lift the breasts enough to achieve the second photo.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA