Areola Reduction and Scar Revision? (photo)

I had gyno surgery few years ago. I was left with a huge scar and a big areola. The scars are casing me problem more than the gyno I had. Is there any way to improve the look of the scar.I'm 5'8'' tall and my weight is 200 lbs. Do I need to lose weight first or should I do the surgery now. If I lose weight and gain muscle will that affect my surgery(limited skin movement) .Is there surgeon who specialize in scar revision or any plastic surgeon can do it? please advise me on what can be done?

Managing Scars and When to Consider a Revision

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

With your surgeon's approval you may be able to use #scar management treatments such as Biocornuem,  Scar Guard, Scar Fade,  IPL Laser,  Yag Laser,   5fu/Kenalog for thick scars, or silicone sheeting.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Areola Reduction and Scar Revision

Thanks for your question and for the attached photos. The things I note on these photos is the enlarged and vertically stretched areolas, and the irregularities at the lateral ends of the larger incisions. The incisions themselves are probably as good as they will get the possible exception of the area that you show on the side view where a small amount is wide and could be thinned. 

I don't think he will have much luck finding a plastic surgeon with a special interest in scar revisions. He might have an easier time finding one with a special interest in gynecomastia surgery. You can find a geographic listing for your area on this website. Thank you and best wishes.