Would I qualify for a breast reduction?

I'm 18 years old and I'm about 5'8 and I weigh 165. I wear size 34DDD/E. I have really bad lower back pain. And I have to wear 3 to 4 sports bras in any sports activity. I also have really bad posture because I slouch all the time cause I feel like my breast are pulling me down. I also have neck pain every one in awhile.

Qualifying for a Breast Reduction

Thank you very much for your question. From your description, it does sound like you would make an excellent candidate for a breast reduction procedure. A reduction mammoplasty can eliminate heavy, unwanted tissue from your chest, providing more proportionate breasts for your frame. A breast lift is included, to raise the remaining tissue to a higher position on your chest. I would recommend that you schedule an in-person evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon, who can further explain your breast reduction options.

Breast Lift /Breast Reduction/ Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

Thank you for your question. I have done many breast reduction surgeries and specialize in restorative breast surgery.  From your description, you appear to be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations I perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall.  So the breasts are automatically lifted when a breast reduction is performed.  By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to perform their activities of daily living and exercise.   I find it Best for patients to communicate their goals in terms of achieving a specific cup size by pictures.  Many patients wish to remove enough breast tissue to improve/alleviate symptoms while maintaining upper/lower body proportionality.  Pictures are very helpful to achieve this goal. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Take care, Dr Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Would I qualify for a breast reduction?

Thank you for your question. From your information that you provided, you appear to be an excellent candidate for #breast reduction. The best place to start, is to find a #Board Certified #plastic surgeon in your area. They will be able to consult with you to determine your needs based on your anticipated outcome. The office staff will also be familiar with the requirements of you #insurance carrier.  Congratulations on your decision and good luck!

Would I qualify for a breast reduction?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your description, it does appear that you're a good candidate for a breast reduction.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Would I qualify for a breast reduction?

I am sorry to hear about the physical and (possible) psychosocial concerns your disproportionately large breasts cause. Based on your description you seem to be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  Online consultants will not be of much help to you when it comes to predicting insurance companies' coverage.
 Generally speaking,  patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts. Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts. Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.

When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.  Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make. To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  
 I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.