Piece of skin inside vagina hole, is it normal?

I am 20 and have just realized my vagina has I sting inside of the hole, it's not very long, it's on the bottom of my vagina hole. Any info will help! Thank you.

Doctor Answers 7

Skin Inside the Vagina

Women have a wide range of normal color, texture, size and asymmetries of their genitilia. This is true of the Vulva and all of its parts, the same as other parts of the body. Given your description of the piece of skin you are questioning, there would likely be nothing to worry about so long as there is no discomfort or irritation felt with its placement. If you are saying that it does in fact sting, you may want to see your gynecologist first, and then see a plastic surgeon for consultation if you feel that it would be best to remove the excess skin. Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals, or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections. More specific problems are noted below in each section. These problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 109 reviews

Hymenal Remnants

Thank you for your question.  You may be describing remnants of the hymen, but a thorough evaluation by a gynecologist should be performed to evaluate your condition. Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Vaginal skin tags are usually remnants of your hymen

When your hymen breaks it can sometimes leave long skin tags that protrude out of the vaginal opening. If they bother you, they can be removed in office quickly and effectively.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

20 year old with something in vagina

It is difficult to say without a photo or an exam.  It is probably a remnant of the hymenal ring but you should go to a gynecologist to be certain

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

John R. Miklos, MD, FPMRS, FACS
Atlanta Urogynecologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

If it isn't growing or bleeding on its own

it likely to be 'normal' and as mentioned, remnants of you hymen.  If you want more details, you will need to schedule an appointment with your GYN or family doctor.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Skin inside vagina?

it sounds like it most likely is just a skin tag or hymnal ring remnant which is very normal. It is difficult to tell without a picture and I would recommend you consult with a gynecologist or health care provider for an exam. 
Dr Robert D Moore 

Robert D. Moore, DO
Atlanta Urogynecologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

What's this "thing" inside my vagina" (no photo...)

Sorry, NO WAY I can give you any meaningful answer without a close-up in-focus "selfie..." Send us a couple, or see your Gyn for diagnosis. Most likely it is a benign "hymenal tag."
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.