Can saline implants have silicone inside of them too?

I'm supposed to have saline implants. Mentor smooth spectrum saline. I had them put in in 2001. Now I'm having terrible chest and back pain so my Dr ordered a catscan to check for blood clots in my lungs. They had already ruled out that I was having heart problems. The catscan showed my implants are calcified and ruptured outside of the capsules. I went to a new plastic surgeon who said he thought they looked like silicone implants. The MRI confirmed his thoughts. Could scans be wrong?

Thank you for your question.   Saline breast implants do have silicone rubber and the shell and certainly can calcify with time.  However your MRI detection of silicone gel implants is most likely accurate.