Are my nipples too high after Breast Augmentation? (photos)

I'm 3 months post op. Round silicon under the muscle, 350cc in right breast and 375cc in left breast. Are my nipples too high? I didn't notice until someone pointed it out and it seems to be too high. I still have swelling under my breast at the incision. Are they too high and will they fall into place once my final results at 6 months post op?

Are my nipples too high after Breast Augmentation?

Based on the "before" picture, it looks like you have a nice result. Things may still change over time. 

Nipple position is high

The nipple position is acceptable, but somewhat high.  Time will only make the implant lower and the nipple higher.

Post-Op Healing

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.If your breasts are sagging with the nipple at or below your fold, a mastopexy is usually required. It does not appear from your photos that this is the situation for you right now. However, if there is anything about your healing that is causing your concerns it would be helpful to see your surgeon in person to ensure that the implants are settling into place properly. Best of luck!

Are my nipples too high?

Your breast tissue sat a bit low on your chest before your surgery.  With a breast implants sometimes this becomes a bit more noticeable.  You have a fantastic result.  Best to keep that in mind.

Your nipple position is similar to your before position.  This position can be altered if you wish, but will require an additional surgery.  Best to discuss with your physician.

Nipple Location

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that you had a large space between areolas and breast crease prior to augmentation. If your incisions are still located in original crease placement and not appearing to move upwards then it isn't likely that you are bottoming out, however if the position of your nipples bothers you, you may discuss options to revise with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Breast augmentation techniques

Hello, Thanks for your question, the nipple position looks well BUT you have a pseudoptosis (more tissue in your infeiror pole of your breast than in the superior pole), this is the cause you look your nipple in a high position. you have 3 factor that cause that: 1) tissue of your breast, 2) position of the implants, 3) weight of the implant. if you want to reshape you breast in a future. you will need to make a lift, to reposicionate the implant and reduce the excces of tissue in you inferior pole. have a nice day!!

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

Position is okay

Thanks for your question and the pre/post photos. Congratulations on your surgery. You have a small amount of pseudoptosis where the lower pole is more full and there is a slight upturn to the nipple areolar complex. The  implant will magnify something like this particularly if it is a high profile implant. I think you have a great result and I would not stress about it at all. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Nipple position versus implant position

Great question.  In the end you will be the best judge of whether your nipples seem to high up compared to your implants.  I think naturally your breasts may be a little lower on your chest which is fine.  The position of your implants--a little lower than your breast position--shifts the center of your nipple position higher up.  In the mirror, if you raise your implant up by pushing them higher you will see that aesthetically the nipple position will improve.  To address this, repairing your implant pocket so that your implants sit higher up would be the solution.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Nipples Too High?

Thank you for your question, and for providing the photos.
It appears as though your nipples were a bit high on your breasts preoperatively, and the breast implants have only made that a bit more noticeable.  Your implants appear to be in a good position.  I wouldn't expect your implants to settle much (and actually, we wouldn't want them to, because if they settled downward more, it would make your nipples appear even higher on the breast).

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon