Labia Minora: Is a revision possible?

I did labiaplasty surgery before 6 weeks my question is there a way to correct this where the doctors remove my minor labia I don't have it any more I'm totally depressed l don't want to have intimate relationship so is there any idea how can i correct that

Am I a candidate for Labiaplasty Revision?

Sorry about your recent experience. It is impossible to answer your question without any photos, but in most patients there is work that can be done to salvage the final result. If your labia have been completely removed then this is much more difficult.

You are doing the first step in your search for a solution. You now need to consult with an expert cosmetic vaginal surgeon experienced in revision Labiaplasty. Below is a link with advice on finding the best surgeon for you, but also thousands of Before and After photos, and information for traveling patients. You will need to travel to find the best surgeon.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Denver Urogynecologist

Botched Labiaplasty

Dear Ms Nerman

I am sorry to hear of your post operative results. This is one of the most common complaints which I see on the RealSelf website i.e. patients upset with the results of their labiaplasty. Though I have not examined you I will attempt to make recommendations based upon your description of the results.

The area of the labia which is completely  losses can not be replaced but the process of restoring your anatomy is a matter of art and experience.  I disagree with most surgeon who state that you must wait 6 months as i have been performing labia revisions on botched surgery at 3-4 months post operative for years. Do not limit yourself to a surgeon in AL as this next surgery is going to be the best chance of restoring you to as close normal as you can get.  Again You will not be able to replace the lost labia minora there are ways to lessen the devastation and this is based upon the art of surgery to what is left of the labia minora as well as possibly increasing the bulk of the majora.  Again I would need to examine you to give recommendations. 

Choosing a cosmetic vaginal surgeon or any surgeon should be one of the most important decisions of your life. Failure to choose a surgeon with experience, expertise and one who achieves excellent results is not an easy find especially a surgeon who has experience with botched labiaplasties.  It is obvious which surgeon has more experience, expertise and better insight as to the a patients desires of their gynecologic area. Please don’t just choose a surgeon because they claims to be specialist in plastic surgery --- choose a surgeon who can prove to you they are specialists in your gynecologic area of concern. In your situation you need a surgeon who has experience in botched labia surgeries.  

Choose a surgeon who has great before and after pictures especially in the realm of botched labiaplasties.

John R MIklos MD

Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Labia Minora: Is a revision possible?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Without a full series of photographs it is difficult to offer your definite advice, but in general if there was some clitoral hood tissue left behind there may be a way to help reconstruct a portion of your labia minora.  I would see a labiaplasty surgeon with experience in reconstructions for a formal consultation and opinion.  Hope this helps.

Labiaplasty revision

No attempt to revise your labia should be done until you are at least five months after your past procedure as your appearance will improve, and the swelling will be less. You need to control your anxiety and wait. The reconstruction is much more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance, but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone. I probably would recommend clitoral hood flaps to reconstruct your labia if your surgeon left enough remaining clitoral hood  I invented this procedure about ten years ago and have done it about 50 times with excellent results.  You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

Are you a candidate for labiaplasty revision?

Post a photo. Labiaplasty revision depends upon the amount of tissue that is available for a repair. There are various options available, but it is critical to see the area.

Can I get a revision? I went to the wrong surgeon the first time and he botched me..!

Absolutely no way to answer your question without a few in-focus closeup photos of labia and hood from different angles- then we can guide you...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA