Is lump formation common after fat transfer to the breasts? And is it reversible?

Is lump formation common after fat transfer to the breasts ? And is it reversible ?

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lumps

Some lumps will occur from swelling and will slowly absorb. Firm lumps may occur on occasion. If they remain, they may need to be excised.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lumps and calcification may happen after fat grafting but are not dangerous. They are difficult to treat and may need to be cut out if causing a problem.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Lumps after Fat transfer

It is no uncommon to have some lumpy areas form shortly after fat transfer. This can represent oil cysts or the fat settling. See your surgeon to have these areas evaluated.