I've had 3 kids within the past 4 years. My last is 7 months old. I'm considering a liposuction around my abdomen area? (Photo)

Liposuction or tummy tuck. I'm concerned about loose skin.

Liposuction for tummy tuck.

You are to be commended for staying in such good shape after 3 kids!  However, even though my practice has been committed to minimally invasive and endoscopic procedures over the years , including the endosciopic adominoplasty , I would be willing to bet that you will require skin excision to achieve skin as tight as you would like. Nonetheless , the example photo of endoscopic abdominoplasty you can see on my website is a mom of three kids who required only muscle repair with no skin excision. So, the amount of skin excision (if any) depends entirely on your degree of skin elasticity which can only be determined on physical exam. Keep in mind recovery is not related to the length of the skin incision but to the repair of the muscles. In some women who are super fit in terms of their abdominal muscles we have found it unnecessary to repair these which dramatically shortens recovery. 

In summary, the type of tummy tuck (Endoscopic , mini, skin only, lipoabdominoplasty, or other ) is dictated by the particular layer(s) of the abdominal wall that are compromised (skin, subcutaneous tissue, muscle) and what is required to repair them. 

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Options

Thank you for the question

The picture could be better so I will be able to appreciate and define options but, it seems you don't have a lot of flaccidity so maybe you will need an in person consultation to decide if liposuction is an option for you, For what I see there's a possibility.

Regards....

Disnalda Matos, MD

Candidacy for lipo

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you appear to be a good candidate for lipo. I recommend you consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you appear to have good skin elasticity and you are a great candidate for waistline contouring liposuction of your abdomen, flanks, and lower back.  This can greatly improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Mommy Makeover with Tummy Tuck and VASER Hi Def Liposuction

Energy based liposuction like VASER with ThermiRF, and ultrasound do well for skin retraction and contouring of the body. If you have a lot of loose skin or stretch marks, surgery is best option and can be done at the same time. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a hi-def physique expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction of the abdomen

Thanks for your question.  From your photo it appears that you may be a good candidate for liposuction.  However, a physical exam is necessary to tell you what is recommended.  You may also be a candidate for CoolSculpting or Thermi.  

Trey Aquadro, MD

Auburn, AL

Liposuction or tummy tuck

Thank you for the question and photo. You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction but if you are concerned about loose excess skin then a tummy tuck is the procedure for you. 

It is difficult to give you specific advice from the photo. An examination by a board certified plastic surgeon is important to determine what's best for you.  

Good luck!

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

I've had 3 kids within the past 4 years. My last is 7 months old. I'm considering a liposuction around my abdomen area?

In person exam is essential. Liposuction alone- only addresses excess fat not skin. Abdominoplasty addresses both excess skin and fat, as well provides muscle tightening. 

Lipo

Your skin has recovered well after the pregnancies and you should be a good candidate for liposuction.  You would not benefit from skin excision based on that photo. 

Liposuction and skin

Your central upper and lower abdominal areas, by photograph,  appears to have some skin laxity, subcutaneous fat and weakened abdominal wall muscles. Certainly a physical exam would best determine choosing between liposuction alone or with an abdominoplasty.

Liposuction alone removes only the subcutaneous fat component, relying on your skin to shrink and not sag. It does nothing to change the abdominal wall weakness.

Abdominoplasty removes fat and skin below the umbilicus, and does tighten the  abdominal wall. However this procedure comes with a lower abdomen transverse scar.

I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon