Hair Loss and Hair Regrowth; what would be the best advise for reducing hair loss and regrowth of strong and thick hair?

I am facing Severe Hair Loss, and do have Dandruff with itchy scalp. I have started using Phytolium Shampoo for thinning Hair, Would want the best advise reducing hair loss and regrowth of strong and thick hair.

Dandruff and hair loss

I recommend that you see a hair specialist if you are concerned. If it is dandruff Nizoral shampoo 2% should help clear it up and with continued use keep the flakes and itch under control.  It can also prevent hair loss. However, if you continue to lose hair you should see a hair transplant physician to closely evaluate your scalp and hair, perform a microscopic evaluation and possibly a biopsy to give you a diagnosis.  Medications such as finasteride may help you keep the hair you have - if your diagnosis is MPB.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thank you for your question. To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Evaluation

your best bet is to have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and hair, as well as discuss with you the nonsurgical options available to you. the sooner you are seen, the better off in the long run you are. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Getting to the Bottom of It--Seeking Hair Loss Treatment: PRP and Progesterone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate your condition and consider the best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

First you need a diagnosis

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itchy Scalp and Hair Growth

I would recommend you visit an experienced dermatologist or hair restoration physician to make sure you do not have any disorder causing your hair loss.  When patients have severe itching, it may require a biopsy to make sure the patient does not have a scarring or non scarring alopecia. Also, you may have an infection causing the itchy scalp and dandruff.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon