I'm approx. a C cup would like to be a full DD cup. Looking at 475 high profile silicone submuscular implants? (photo)

I'm 35 years old 5'4" and approx. 140lbs. I'm looking to get a BA in the next couple of months. I believe at this time I am approx. a 36 C and I want to be a full DD at the end with a very natural look. I was told by two PS that I don't need to have a lift and I was thinking about going 475cc high profile silicone. Do you think this would give me the full DD look i'm going for? Would 500cc's look unnatural or cause my projection to be lower than it is?

BBA

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

BA

I believe that a 475- 500 high profile will definitely get to you a full D or DD. You body shape is ideal for these size of implants. My suggestion is to visit your PS and use the sizeing cups, this way you can have an idea on how the implant size would look on you.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

475 cc implants

You can do a very simple test to get a rough idea of cup size since you kind of know what implant volume you want. Just do a baggy test with that volume and stuff it in a loose fitting bra that you put on.

I'm approx. a C cup would like to be a full DD cup.

The difference between 475cc and 500cc is negligible and you would not be able to tell the difference. As to what size of implant would get you to your goal, that is impossible to answer without an exam.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant Volume and Cup Sizes

It is impossible to predict a cup size outcome with any given implant, even with an in person consultation; there are just too many variables with how an implant will affect your breast result, and too little standardization of bra sizing to ever be accurate. Providing photographs of how you want to look or using a sizing system in the office will be more effective in helping the surgeon to determine what size implant to use.

'Natural' is a very subjective word, and can mean different things to different people. In general, high profile implants don't create natural breasts. Large implants don't create natural breasts either, but who's to say where the line is drawn, 450? 500? 550?  Remember, breast augmentation has limitations, and the greater the augmentation, the more likely you breast will look like the implant and not a breast.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

Thank you for the question and picture. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful specific advice. Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Cup size prediction

Since there are no standards for cup size, and no uniformity, I am always hesitant to predict  cup size outcomes. I have numerous patients who can wear bras of 3 different cup sizes that all fit. Some surgeons on RealSelf use as a rough guideline an estimate of a cup size increase for every 150-250 cc of implant. Rather than guess size, I would suggest trying on implants, seeing what looks good, and with that info your surgeon can choose an appropriate implant. 

I doubt anyone could tell a difference between a 475 cc and 500 cc implant place for you. 

Best wishes., Dr Gottlieb

Breast augmentation

Based on the photos provided and desired look of DD I believe you will accomplish these goals with the 475cc high profile without a lift.

Try to find a plastic surgeon in your area that can provide computer imaging or at least have many photos of breast augmentation procedures so you can demonstrate the look you are trying to achieve.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon