How Should I Approach my PS? Greatly Disappointed

researched and chose an expensive surgeon with high experience and best technology vaser to get my lipo performed. since it was expensive i dcded to just go with my complete abs and lateral hips till my saddle bags for uniformity, however grtly disappntd. Today is my 2nd day back at home and my ab looks very bumpy. I am extremely bruised on my hips with a dent in my hip joint. both the love handles are uneven. How do i deal with the PS? this procedure was done in Pune India

Too early to tell lipo results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It sounds like you just had your procedure a couple of days ago. If thats the case, this is incredibly too early to judge results. Why are you talking about being disappointed after only 2 days? You have several months of recovery ahead of you where you will see fluctuating edema or seroma and finally healing 6 months later. I recommend being patient and discussing your concerns with your surgeon.

Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Disappointed with Results 2 Days Post Vaser Lipo

I am sorry to read of your disappointment so soon into your healing. However, the final #results of the #Vaser liposuction procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following the #Vaser. So, you must have patience. 

Gentle #walking may increase circulation and help to alleviate swelling. But you must not strain or push yourself. Also, if you were provided a post-procedure #garment, be sure you are wearing it until prescribed otherwise by your doctor. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Many patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after procedures, as directed by their doctor; some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.

Hardness and lumps may be diminish with time. If not, your doctor can provide suggestions for this concern. In-office medi-spa treatments may be an option. But, it's best to be patient in the meantime. 

Any swelling will gradually diminish while the contours of the treated area(s) can continue to improve up to one year post procedure; becoming more apparent in appearance. If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined. 

First off, I only perform liposuction of the neck and NOT the body. However, I can tell you that two days is too early to assess the result. The fat that was removed has likely been replaced with swelling resulting from tissue trauma. You need to give this several weeks to several months to heal. With regard to your general question, if you're unhappy after you've healed, you should address this with your plastic surgeon. We're all in the business or creating happy patients because it's the right thing to do. If you're unhappy, your surgeon will either reassure you based on years of experience or offer another solution. Most importantly, you need to focus on healing right now and wait to evaluate the result until you've healed and your swelling has resolved. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Vaser lipo and results

At two days after surgery, you are too early to see the final results. You need to give it time to heal. If you have concerns, discuss it with your surgeon.