Am I a good candidate for Buccal Fat Removal? (Photo)

I want to know if I am a good candidate for this procedure? And how long the recovery process is? If I were to gain weight will my cheeks fill up again?

Buccal Fat Removal Candidates have full cheeks

Yes, by your photos, you are a good candidate for Buccal Fat removal. Recovery is 2-3 days and you will not fill up again with buccal fat, even if you gain more weight. Once removed, it is permanent. Your face would have greater definition in the mid-cheek and more angulation in the sub malar zone. It is a quick outpatient procedure that is very rewarding. Best,

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal fat removal

I think one of the best ways to determine if you are a good candidate is to suck in your cheeks in the mirror and see if you like the affect.  This simulates pretty well the affect of buccal fat excision.  The procedure can be done under local anesthesia or sedation, and the recovery is minimal.  Most patients can return to all basic activities the next day and most swelling resolves in 2-3 weeks.

Dino R. Elyassnia, MD

Am I a good candidate for Buccal Fat Removal? = yes #chubbycheeks #buccalfatremoval

Patients with chubby cheeks who would like to achieve a slimmer face could benefit from buccal fat removal if candidates.
  • Patents with fullness of the lower anterior cheeks could benefit from buccal fat removal since the procedure targets the fat pocket in that area
  • Patients with fulness of the lower posterior cheeks could benefit from masetter muscle treatment with Botox ( Botox makes that masticatory muscle to "shrink", therefore decreasing its bulkiness)
In my practice, recovery from buccal fat removal is minimal.It involves mild swelling and minimal to no praising. Almost all my patients go to work the next day without any problems. For examples bucal fat removal results, check the before and after section of my RealSelf profile.Patients interested in buccal fat pad removal  should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face

John Mesa, MD