What are my options for implant explant? (photos)

I have my 480cc implants put in two years ago. Two months ago I had capsulorrhaphy to fix bottoming out of breast. My breast still aches. I considered getting exchanged for smaller but feel like I just want my implants taken out all together for Many personal reasons.My skin still feels pretty tight and I'm young.I didn't have much cleavage before/32b ..Will I need a lift?Just explant? Should I add fat with fat grafting?Or lipo excess fat and just be flat.I'd rather be flat than extremely saggy.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Implants are foreign devices which your body will necessarily form scar tissue around and you may be predisposed to this issue. This is called a capsule and is normal in every patient who has implants placed, however, in some patients this can create irregularities or hardness or changes to the shape or feel of the breast and is referred to as a capsular contracture. Removal of the implant in your situation may likely be reasonable without anticipating any further surgery as you have indicated you are young and should, therefore, anticipate a reasonable response in how your skin redrapes. Should you require additional volume and do not want an implant, fat transfer is an excellent alternative and can be performed either at the same time as implant removal or at separate surgeries. Please feel free to visit our website for complete details of these techniques. In any case I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in all aspects of breast surgery. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

What are my options for implant explant?

If you have saline implants, they can be deflated in the office to see how things will look. If you have silicone gel implants, then you may remove them and wait to see how things turn our. You can do a lift or fat grafting later. However, liposuction and fat grafting can be done at the same time also. I doubt you would need a lift. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

480 cc implants out

Hi There,no, I do not think you need a lift based on your pictures.I would need to know your height/weight/etc... of course for more precision.now your skin was stretched by the implants during those 2 years, your ribs flattened also by their weight, and we cannot stop aging either: meaning once the implants are out, you may find yourself smaller/flatter than before.fat grafting to the breast is still controversial.so it is whenever you are ready !hope this helps,F. Mussat MD

Florence Mussat, MD