Do my scars look abnormally long? (Photos)

I had my 3rd surgery 3 months ago and am not happy with the result. I went to a doctor for a second opinion and he said my scars were long. I have 425cc HP silicone. My other doctor says they will turn white. I have been massaging and using scar cream and silicone sheets. I want them to fade and I will do anything so they aren't noticeable. Is the length bad? I will probably need a revision because they keep bottoming out. I'm just concerned my breasts will never be the way I want.... I'm only 20.

Implant surgery

The incision will take a while for the redness to improve.  The incision may be longer if you had a revision.  Not enough info was given in the description.

Abnormally Long Scars

Your surgery was only 3 months ago.  It may seem like a long time to your but it is a fairly short time as far as healing goes.  I don't do revisions for 6 months after surgery to allow all swelling and healing to take place.  Most scars will loose the redness and fade by then.  The scars will shorten also to some degree as the scar contracts.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Your scars will continue to change or the next 6 to 12 months.  If your have concerns you shuld certainly speak to your plastic surgeon.  There are a number of methods of treatment that can be used to lighten the scar as well as prevent it from becoming raised.

Good luck to you.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Do my scars look abnormally long?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Though you did not mention the length of the scar they will continue to mature and fade in color for a year or longer after surgery.  In most silicone implant cases scar length with depend on the size of the implant but can range from 4-5.5cm or so.  Hope this helps.