I have implants from years ago that made my breasts huge like 36 DDD I hate them my breasts sag horribly.

I want to get a breast reduction i have implants from years ago that were way to big 36 DDD they sag horribly and my back and neck are bad is it possible for me to get good results in my situation is would love to be c cup

I'm sorry you are having a rough time with these symptoms but rest assured considerable relief can be obtained.  I would try to obtain your old records to know what size implants you have.  If quite large, removing the implants alone will give some relief.  That of course will not help the undesirable shape and sag, which would require a breast lift / reduction.  If the implants are large you can attempt to have them removed alone or have the implants removed with a breast lift or reduction at the same time.  Occasionally a patient will choose a much smaller implant to give fullness above, closing off part of the pocket and having a lift at the same time.  Considering your size and symptoms though, I would recommend just removing the implants and consider having a breast lift or reduction at the same time.  Of course, a good decision really can only be made by having a personal consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Removing the implants will reduce the pain and strain on your back and neck.  With the sagginess you describe, you possibly would do well with a lift also.  Seek out plastic surgeons in your area to consult with concerning your desired results.  Best wishes. 

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision - implants old and much too large

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• First of all, I am sorry you have been living with implants that are too big and causing you pain.
  • You need an examination to see what approach will be bst.
  • You certainly need the implants removed.
  • If they were silicone gel. you need them removed en bloc with the capsule as the gel will have leaked. 
  • You will need a lift - probably a vertical one, which heals without the long crease scar.
  • And you may or may not want new implants, depending on how much breast tissue you have now.
  • They may need to go in a new position.
  • Whatever the details, you will be much much happier once you have this done!

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast reduction with implant removal

Thank you for your question.  You would likely do well with removal of your implants and a breast lift.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Explant + lift

if you still have some native breast tissue, you can simply have the implants removed and a lift performed at the same time. This is a common procedure for woman as they get older and have grown "tired" of their implants. 

I am sorry to hear about the problems your disproportionately large breasts cause. Based on your description, it sounds like you will benefit from breast reduction/lifting surgery as well as breast implant removal surgery.

In terms of achieving an outcome that you will be pleased with  The most important decision you make will be selection of plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. Most patients wish to achieve enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “proportionate” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

Best wishes with your breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.

Without photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to give you the best answer. Especially when it comes to revision surgeries- in person exam is essential. It sounds from your description as though you may benefit from a removal of your implants and a lift.

Huge Breast Regret Later in Life

Sorry to hear of your situation. You are not alone. A very recent publication in our literature speaks to a decreasing satisfaction with overly large implants later in life. I personally see the same often.

It is completely reasonable for you to have the large implants removed and then adjust the skin envelope to fit your smaller size.

Thanks and good luck 

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal

You would likely need removal of your breast implants and a breast lift. 

This is not exactly a breast reduction. Insurance will not pay for this procedure as the implants were placed cosmetically.