Rhinoplasty, jawline reduction, chin reduction? (photos)

Hello, I'm a 22 year old female whom is unhappy with the shape of her face. I would also like to include that I have a 75%+ overbite. Would these surgeries give my face a more feminine appeal?

Doctor Answers 9

Facial feminization and correction of bite deformity.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 Facial feminization and correction of bite deformity.  I would first correct your bite deformity and at the same time surgeon can address your chin issues. The remainder of your jaw is fine except for what needs to be done for your bite. A rhinoplasty can then be done with the possibility of small cheek implants to further feminize your face. See a very experienced facial feminization surgeon for this. 

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Rhinoplasty and Chin/Jawline Reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I recommend you first talk to an orthodontist about your dental occlusion. Your chin can be reduced and a rhinoplasty can be done to decrease the size of your nose and give you a more feminine appearance.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to decrease the overall size of your nose.  Orthodontics may help with your overbite, and after that is corrected, you may not need a chin reduction surgery.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 174 reviews

Start with the overbite

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Based on your photos, I think the best place for you to start would be by fixing your bite deformity. Once that is done, you can reassess your facial proportion and if you still don't like what you see, then you can schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss options. Personally, I don't think your face needs to be feminized. You are lovely. Hope this helps.


Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Feminine face after surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The answer to your question is "it depends."  The operations you desire can make a face more feminine or more masculine depending on how they are done.  Find a surgeon who agrees with your aesthetic taste and does these operations frequently.

Jay Calvert, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 52 reviews

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 372 reviews

Chin contouring and rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Of course there is no substitute to in person evaluation however I would suggest you start from the rhinoplasty first. Once your nasal tip has been deprojected and rotated the shin and the nose will enter in a better and more attractive harmony. Also, it looks like you want a smaller chin, which can be achieved regardless of orthodontics, if anything an orthodontist will make your chin more protruding than what it is now in order to correct the overbite 

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 50 reviews

Rhinoplasty, jawline reduction, chin reduction?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I agree with your assessment. First, I would seek evaluation by an Oral Surgeon to address the overbite issue. It's possible - braces and surgery may be needed. Once the bite is addressed- your are then a candidate for a Rhinoplasty. These two procedures- your bite and Rhinoplasty will give you a much more feminine appearance

Facial Feminization

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A rhinoplasty would be the most important part of changing your face to make it more feminine. Your concerns about your jawline appear to be in your chin where it is slightly too long and wide. That would require an intraoral sliding genioplasty to vertically shorten it and bring it slightly forward. This will help create a more v-shape to your jawline.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.