How to fix dimpling from lipo in the lower back area? (Photo)

I have lipo done about 3 yrs ago and I believe the doctor removed too much fat from my lower back area. I used to have a very smooth back and now I can see dimpling and uneven skin all over my lower back area (see pic) Can this be fixed? I have read the fat drafting could be an option to fix this. Is this true? If so, how complicated/ expensive is the procedure? Thanks!

Liposuction - correction of dimpling and irregularity

Thank you for asking about your liposuctino.
  • You are absolutely correct - fat transfer is used to smooth out liposuction irregularities.
  • The cost varies but based on your photos, assuming you have enough fat elsewhere, it could be done in the office which saves you money.
  • You need to plan on two sessions, six months apart because fat transfer results are unpredictable and never take 100%.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

How to fix dimpling from lipo in the lower back area?

Fat grafting can be used to improve contour irregularities caused by liposuction, but it may require multiple sessions and can be fairly expensive. I might consider non-operative fat reduction/skin tightening procedures like Exilis radio frequency. You may see enough improvement with this type of treatment instead of resorting to surgery.

Liposuction

You would be a good candidate for ultrasonic assisted liposuction  using
the safe technique. 

Ultrasonic assisted Liposuction  which I helped to pioneer and
lecture on (melts )the fat.  When you combine this technique with the safe
technique ,that Dr. wall invented,  the fat comes out liquidy with hardly
any blood. I call it a banana smoothie.

I hope you find the accompanying video helpful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD