Donor area patchy and still itchy after 2 weeks, have I been overharvested? (Photos)

its exactly 2 weeks since my 3300 FUE procedure,donor area seems to be still quite obviously red and the hair does't seem to grow equally in that area, question is have i been over harvested? also is it okay wo wear a cap that will slightly rub on that area? and one more, as you can see the pattern of my hair loss, i'm starting to shed at the top back, i am considering another transplant but till i see the result of this one, whats the best natural option to slow down the hair loss out there?

Donor Areas

At two weeks wearing hats is fine, even helmets to a certain extent. It's hard to tell from the pictures and because it's so soon the state of your donor area, all you can do now is ask your surgeon and/or wait a few more weeks for it to keep growing back. As for natural hair loss preventatives, there aren't many that are proven to work. Really the only post-op methods with actual studies confirming they can be effective are Rogaine and Propesia. But some doctors claim that lasers, certain salves, etc. help their patients.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to contact your doctor for post surgical issues and care. It may be normal to have some itching.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Overharvesting

This is a term that relates to your original donor density. The lower your original donor density, the more over-harvested a 300 graft surgery can be. Ask your doctor about this and nyou should get a sstraight answer. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon