How do you my boobs look from a doctor's eyes? (photos)

I have 750 cc Mentor saline implants period I am 8 weeks post op. I Austin had breast lift and tummy tuck with liposuction. From a straightforward but they don't look so bad but as I move into different positions they don't look as good. I see I'm even this and of course some Rippling which I mean would be possible. I'll soon be seeing my PS 4 another post op visit. He and I will talk about it then but for now I'd like to know what the other doctors think. Thank you for your time as always

750 cc is a pretty big implant

Large implants in the context of a mastopexy augmentation are rarely a good idea.  Gravity will stretch out the skin of the lower pole over time and cause "bottoming out" and the nipples to point upwards.  As suggested by others, downsizing and a revision lift is a reasonable idea along with a biologic like Alloderm for additional support.   

Postop Questions

So sorry, but saline implants can cause rippling and very large implants can also cause problems down the road like stretching skin and ligaments of the breasts. Talk to your surgeon, but if you consider revision, better to select smaller silicone implants. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Problems after Breast Lift with Large Saline Implants

You appear to have stretching of your breast lift due to the heavy weight of the implants with visible rippling and very thin breast tissue. This is unlikely to improve with more time and may stretch more with time. If you decide to undergo a revision, I would strongly recommend switching to smaller volume silicone implants and revising the breast lift to remove more skin. You may also benefit from internal tightening of your breast pocket with an internal mesh support to help prevent stretching of the pocket.

Breast lift with implants

It is hard to examine your breast this early post-op and give you an answer.  We do not have your pre-operative pictures and we do not have any idea about your discussions with your surgeon.  Please keep your appointments with your surgeon and discuss your thoughts and concerns with them.  Have a great day!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

H-

From your photos it's difficult to fully assess but you have very large saline implants and your concerns are to be expected with those implants. It appears you're healing well and early in the post-operative period. Good Luck and hope you love your result! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

How do you my boobs look from a doctor's eyes?

Thanks for your photos and question.  Without knowing your preoperative appearance and the discussion you had with your surgeon, it appears your implants are very large for what your body/breasts can handle.  You will likely benefit from downsizing of your implants and revision of your breast lift.  Make sure you communicate your concerns with your surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD

Giant implants

I think your breast implants are very large and your result is going to get worse with time.  The implants are putting a lot of weight on your skin and I think you will end up with a lot droop. I wish I could provide a more positive answer. Good luck, Jane

Assessing result of implants and lift.

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implants.

• I undestand your concerns but let me explain what your photos suggest.
  • You have very large implants - and in breasts that have lost enough elasticity to need a lift.
  • The rippling is the implant showing through thinner skin.
  • The implants sit a little low because they are heavy and the breast can't keep them higher.
  • And they look too wide for your chest.
  • If you are happy with the look  over-all, that is fine.
  • But if not, you can discuss with your surgeon such options as smaller implants and supportive internal mesh with acellular dermal matrix or vicryl mesh. These will make rippling less noticeable and will support the implants internally. It will however be a second operation and additional cost.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your mommy makeover.  It is difficult to offer advice on your results as I was not present at your consultation to discuss your desired outcome.  That said, based on your narrative I feel that your implants are too large for your frame and for the soft tissue support and coverage available from your natural breast tissue.  You may benefit from either reducing your implant size, exchanging to silicone implants, redoing your breast lift to remove excess skin or add tissue to thicken your natural tissue.  Hope this helps.