What kind of filling/how many syringes needed and which areas are priority? (Photos)

Hello! I would like a second opinion of what hyaluronic filler and which area would I need to be treated. I was told that my cheeks and area under eyes seem especially flat and lack fat. Any suggestions?

Type of filler and areas

Hello,Good question. While two photos don't always tell the entire picture, I would recommend 3-d augmentation of your cheeks with Voluma which will add back lost Zygoma (cheek) volume.  It will also lift the naso-labial folds, but you may need additional HA filler in the folds around the mouth as the Voluma will not lift the lower (marionette) lines nor turn up the angles of the month.  After the Voluma, I would also consider filler into the tear trough (naso-jugal folds) depending on how the Voluma is injected.

Washington DC Dermatologist

How many syringes will I need?

The optimal fill volume ratio for patient's seeking to volumize their face is dependent on many factors. The skin turgor, underlying boney resorption of the facial super structure. It is important to remember the adage, "Beauty is not skin deep, it is BONE deep". When we age, the boney support to our face involutes and thus in addition to volumetric decrease from atrophy of soft tissue, we have volume loss from bone depletion. Full assessment of what it will take to revolumize one's face is best done in person with tactile and in depth analysis of health history, smoking history, diet and overall BMI. Another important consideration is how the product is injected. Practitioners who utilize the latest in technology employ blunt needles to minimize bruising and a distractor to minimize pain.

What kind of filling/how many syringes needed and which areas are priority?

Hello, and thanks for your question. I think you're an excellent candidate for facial rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid fillers. Hard to say from photo alone, but I expect you'd require 4-6 syringes total for optimal results. I would start with a couple of syringes of Voluma in your cheeks and temples to accentuate your facial structure, replace lost volume as well as lift the skin in your lower face. You'd also likely benefit from some soft filler placement in your tear troughs. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon