I'm 2 months post op and not much swelling, my sides however have 2 lumps when I wear jeans for work, will my waist get smaller?

Healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. Staying away from salt will make a big difference in swelling. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo recovery

Thanks for your question. Those firm areas you are feeling around your waistline are most likely areas of fat cells that were ruptured, but have not yet been absorbed. You will likely see improvement of those areas (and more) over the next 1-2 months. Massage can be helpful to some patients at the sites that are firm. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Post SmartLipo and results

Thanks for your question. Great news on the minimal swelling at 2 months! To help bumps, you may massage as needed and continue wearing your compression garment. Regarding your waist line, optimal results are reached between 6-9 months so be patient. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD