Will 320cc moderate profile sub-pectoral and a "scarless" lift make my boobs look overly large for my frame? (photos)

My PS specializes in scarless lifts said just a lift wouldnt get any fullness in upper part of my breasts but implants could achieve that. I want to look extremely natural almost like I didn't even get implants, a natural looking size not overly large or like pornstar boobs or "matronly". I'm 25, no kids, 5'1'' 125 pounds with the boobs of a 40 year old, want to look younger, be able to go braless. Now a 32C, PS can't guarantee a size after augmentation. What is best course of action/surgery?

Breast lifts in the slender patient.

From your comment I would suspect you are in good hands. All surgeries carry risks, but the biggest risk in someone with beautiful (minimally pendulous) breasts is disappointment. See another board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion, express your concerns in person, and then follow the first or second surgeons' recommendation. 

In patients like you, who fear looking a bit too obvious, I would consider a Natural Breast Lift, where fat (not an implant) is used to give you the needed upper pole fullness; without making you bigger. Ask your surgeon; have you done a lift and fat transfer in patients like myself?  If the answer is Yes, don't be shy to ask; how many have you done, this year? Don't settle for vague answers and you will be happy you did. Good luck.

Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Will 320cc moderate profile sub-pectoral and a "scarless" lift make my boobs look overly large for my frame?

Based on your photograph your a candidate for a dual plane breast augmentation which places the implant underneath the chest muscle, without a breast lift.

Do not be misled by false advertising. It is impossible to lift the nipple areola and do a breast lift  without some surgical scarring.

My suggestion is a dual plane breast augmentation and wait 6 months to see if at that point you wish to have a lift.

Best Breast Implants for ME?

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "overly large" or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

320 cc implants

You can try the volume by performing a baggy test to see if you like the added volume. This can give a rough idea. 

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation using a dual plane technique.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD