Questions about the fraxel laser

Will several fraxel laser treatments remove (not just minimize) stretch marks on my breasts,buttocks and stomach? I am presently dermal needling and have been for 3 years. I intend to continue needling my body and face. Will the fraxel in conjuction with the needling make a dramatic change to the deep,thick,red stretchmarks on my stomach after pregnancy? The marks on my chest and buttocks are much lighter (white) and much thinner than those on my abdomen.

NO- Nothing will give absolute guarantee for stretch mark removal.

No - for red and new stretch marks, use the vascular laser or v beam. For older ones, I like a combination of energy micro needling and PRP. Even with the best tech. stretch marks can be faded, but not removed. You will require several treatments. Early stretch marks are easier to treat than later ones. Dr Davin Lim

Brisbane Dermatologist

Stretch Marks -- Microneedling/PRP, Laser, Skin Care/Peels, Sculptra Injections

There is no laser or device that can "remove" stretch marks. They can be improved and lessened for the most part with needling, lasers, radiofrequency and PRP.  I suggest you see an expert to determine what is best given your situation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel laser for stretch marks

Realistically, no treatment will totally remove stretch marks.  Vascular lasers can help with the redness and Fraxel laser can stimulate collagen to minimize the stretch marks.  You will see an improvement after a series of treatments, but not complete resolution.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Stretch Marks.

Thank you for your question. In order to treat the red discoloration of the stretch marks, you need to do the Vbeam laser, which targets the red pigment in the scar. Secondly to treat the texture and irregularity of the stretch marks, the Fraxel can be used. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Fraxel and stretch marks

Thanks for your question. First, I'd like to offer you a free consultation. Our office is in Severna Park! Your question is one we frequently get. There are two issues with stretch marks. First, is the red or purple discoloration. This is best treated with a V-beam Pulsed Dye Laser. This treatment does a very nice job of reducing red or purple discoloration and it has no downtime. The second issue is the texture. This can be treated with Fraxel - typically the Fraxel Restore. This laser works to improve texture and build collagen to the damaged areas. As I always explain to clients, you will need multiple sessions to improve texture. Hope this helps, and hope to see you at our clinic. Best, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Fraxel for Body Stretch Marks

• Red "scars" respond to vascular lasers such as Vbeam or Excel V.
  • Light scars on your buttocks might derive additional improvement from Fraxel, but it's a long term process and may or may not be a good choice depending on your ethnicity.
  • Are you self-needling? If so, it is unlikely the needles are long enough to make serious improvements.
  • Treatments on your chest need to be undertaken carefully as the skin in this area is thin and does not heal as quickly as the face; though Fraxel DUAL is routinely used on the chest for pigmentation, texture improvement and actinic keratosis removal.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD