I have a physical job. May I go back to work after procedure?

Return to work after Mona Lisa Laser

There is no reason not to return to your activities of daily living after the Mona Lisa Laser.  The treatment is local into the vagina, so I caution my patients to avoid intercourse for 48 hours.  

Return to work after Mona Lisa Laser

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Resume Physical Activity

You may absolutely go back to work after a MonaLisa Touch procedure! Only sexual intercourse would need to be delayed for 48 hours after an internal treatment and 7-10 days following an external MonaLisa Touch, depending on your reasons for treatment.

Resume Physical Activity

Return to Work

There is no restriction on phyical activities, other than no intercourse for 24-48 hours for the internal treatment, and 7 days for the external treatment. If you have had internal treatment you should be able to return to work immediately. The same goes for the exteral treatment but you will need to wear a loose fitting cotton undergarment, and loose fitting pants(skirt is no problem), for a few days. Also, application of topical anesthetic cream (we use 5% lidocaime cream) to external genitalia may be necessary for 2-3 days. 

Return to Work

When can I go back to work after MLT?

There are no restrictions after MLT treatment with the exception of no intercourse for 24-48 hours.  I have been performing the MLT procedure for the past year and my patients have reported minimal discomfort which tends to resolve in

When can I go back to work after MLT?

Limited restrictions

After the internal treatment with the MonaLisa touch, the recommendations are no intercourse for 2-3 days. You can resume your normal activity as soon as you leave the office. For patients that have additional vulvar laser therapy with the MLT laser, it is recommended to refrain from intercourse for one week. Additionally, there may be some vuvlar sensitivity for a day or two after vulvar treatment, so it may be uncomfortable to perform certain activities. Patients do well with the application of ice/cold packs immediately after external treatment and are instructed to coat the vulva with Vaseline or Aquafore until the sensitivity has diminished. My patients tell me this was only necessary the first day and for a few lasted into the second day, but it did not limit their ability to do normal activities. Some physicians request no strenuous exercise for 2-3 days after, but this is not an absolute requirement and will be dependent on how your are feeling. Obviously, if you are experiencing vulvar tenderness you will not want to have tight fitting yoga pants on or have anything rubbing or pressing on the vulva. 

Limited restrictions

Mona Lisa Touch

Great question.

you may fully return to activity after your treatments except for sexual intercourse for about 1 week.

Mona Lisa Touch

Great question.

Return to work

The first treatment is amazing well tolerated. The second and third treatment penetrate the tissue a little deeper. During these I have  found a few patients may feels a little more discomfort and need ice after the procedure for a few hours. We all have different tolerance for discomfort. I recommend returning to activity that is physical the next day. I usually have office hours as late as 7 pm to accommodate people's busy lives.

Return to work

Work after the MonaLisa Touch

You may absolutely return to a physical job after a treatment. Most of my patients come over their lunch hour for their 5 minute treatment. Lidocaine jelly can be applied after an external vulvar treatment for added comfort. 

Work after the MonaLisa Touch

Yes, you may.

Because the treatment is so limited, there is no anesthesia and there really is no downtime, you can go back to work the same day. 

You may experience some external discomfort for the first 24 hours if external treatment is done, so you may wish to use some ibuprofen or numbing cream if that is the case.  You may also have a little discharge, so having a pad handy is a good idea.  

I hope that helps!

Rebecca Dunsmoor-Su, MD

Yes, you may.

I hope that helps!

Rebecca Dunsmoor-Su, MD

Return to work after MonaLisa procedure

Yes you may return to work.  I do suggest waiting 4 days for vaginal sex activity after a treatment.

Return to work after MonaLisa procedure