Unequal nasal tip projection solutions? (Photo)

The right side of my nose (left in picture) protrudes and I'd wish to have it fixed. It's not noticeable from a front view and barely visible from a side view, but in this view from underneath it's pretty blatant. Is equaling out both sides of the nose possible by trimming down the left side in the picture? Also would it be possible at the same time to make the nasal tip less "boxy" and make it more V shaped rather than U shaped

Unequal nasal tip projection solutions?

I agree with your assessment of your situation. This condition can be surgically addressed. Keep in mind however, when one seemingly minor element of the nose is changed- the harmony and balance of the entire nose is changed. Therefore, I recommend a full evaluation of your entire nasal anatomy with the expectation that a full Rhinoplasty may be required to achieve your goals.

Unequal nasal tip projection solutions?

Hi, I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries over thje past 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your nose form the front and profile view would help in the evaluation.  An Open Tip-plasty, that doesn't require a full Rhinoplasty, would allow refinement and adjustment of the uneven, boxy tip.

Hope this helps.

Asymmetrical Tip

Correcting the nasal tip asymmetry is frequently done by rhinoplasty specialists. The tip can be refined as part of the procedure. I need to see profile and frontal pictures to offer sugestions re technique; ie, is the rest of the nose symmetrical and tip projection should be evaluated. In the ideal result the tip should be proportional to the surrounding nasal features.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous and asymmetrical tip

A rhinoplasty procedure can address making the 2 nasal tip cartilages more symmetric and less bulbous. Suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal required. For more information, diagrams and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Boxy tip

Although with just one picture it is difficult to give the best advice...Yes, the tip can be made less boxy and more triangular with a rhinoplasty procedure. The difference in tip height can also be evened out with surgery.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Reshaping

There are two pieces of cartilage at the tip of the nose. They're kindof like mcdonalds arches, only they can be very close or very far apart from one another. If they're far, like yours, the tip is boxy. If they're close, the tip is more "V". This can be accomplished quite easily with a tip rhinoplasty. The cartilage is trimmed down and sutures are used to reshape them.

Unequal nasal tip

The view you describe is commonly known as the "worm's eye" view.  This can be altered through either a closed or open rhinoplasty.  Refining the tip, or making it more "V-shaped" as you described can also be performed at the same time as the symmetrizing procedure.

Tip Rhinoplasty

Yes you can get this result from a rhinoplasty. The tip can be bulbous from over-projected cartilage, fatty tissue under the tip skin and/or previous surgery. Make sure you choose a surgeon experienced in bulbous tip rhinoplasty. Please see the video below to find out more about tip refining rhinoplasty.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Tip augmentation

I think you have reasonable goals and just make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page in regards to expectations. By evening out the tip cartilages, it should make the tip less boxy also

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip plasty

Hello. Your goals are very reasonable. A tip plasty performed by a well versed plastic surgeon will give you the results you are hoping for. Good luck.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD