Will severe swelling affect Restylane placement?

I got restalyne yesterday and I am severely swollen; far more than I have read others have been. My lower eyelid is so swollen that if I look down I can't see beyond the lid. Will this amount of swelling put pressure on the filler and change the result?

Thanks for your query. swelling after restylane is very common. It does not move the restylane as it is very deeply placed and swelling is superficial. So wait for a while, the swelling will decrease. Hope it HelpsAll The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Swelling from Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm) or Lip Implant or Fat --- Go Slow, Use Cannulas -- Reverse wit

Swelling is normal after Restylane and shouldn't affect how the filler looks. If it persists for more than a few more days, please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Restylane and swelling

The swelling is a combination of factors from simply trauma from the injection to the fact that hyaluronic acid attracts water. This should go down over 7 days or so and will not affect the filler placement itself

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist