How do you prevent breast sagging when pregnant?

I've gotten breast implants three years ago and I am now 4 months pregnant. I was wondering what precautionary strategies I can do now and after pregnancy, (until my breasts go down to the size they will end up staying) to prevent or help prevent any sagging or drooping.

Breast sagging

Hello, every woman's body changes uniquely during pregnancy, and to a large extent the changes that happen are not in your control.  Some breast support with a bra might help, although I am not aware of any studies that confirm this.

Pregnancy and sagging implants

Thank you for your question.  Aside from keeping  a healthy weight (not gaining too much), eating healthy, using a skin moisturizer and a good supportive bra, there is not a whole lot that can be done to alter the effects that pregnancy has on the body in general or the breasts in particular.  I know this is probably not the answer that you were hoping for, but the fact of the matter is there is not that much that can be done as the effects are mostly genetically based. 

Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

Breast sagging with pregnanacy

This is a common question. The implants will not move. They actually act as a  scaffolding to hold your breasts up. The breasts will swell and when that subsides the skin will be a bit more lax. Keep your breasts well moisturized several times a day and always wear a bra. The results will vary depending on your genetic makeup as well, and there is nothing you can do about that.

TalmageRaine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your pregnancy.
Unfortunately there is no way to predict exactly how a patient's breasts will change after pregnancy. A good indication may be to evaluate the changes that occurred with your mother's breasts after her pregnancies (although this is not foolproof either).  In other words, many of the "factors" involved when it comes to potential breast changes with pregnancy may be beyond your control.

However,  one area that you do have control of: it may be helpful to keep your weight as stable as possible (under the guidance of your OB/GYN) to prevent significant changes with the breasts related to the weight changes.

Anecdotally, in our practice, we have seen many patients have pregnancies, and not require additional breast surgery subsequently. On the other hand, we've seen many patients who experienced classic post partum breast changes such as decreased breast tissue volume (" involutional hypoplasia") and/or breast sagging ("ptosis"). 

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to post pregnancy concerns), helps.  Best wishes for a smooth/delivery and a happy and healthy infant.