Possibly capsular contracture 6 weeks post op? (photos)

I am very busy and my surgeon is 2 hours away so I am waiting on an apt w him. I love my look but I have noticed my right breast (left in pictures) is harder than the other. Not by much but it didn't really become harder, it just seems like it hasn't softened like the other which feels almost natural. It is very bothersome which makes me try massaging it more aggressively which has resulted in soreness. No pain outside of that, no shape distortion, possible contracture? What can I do to fix it?

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

Its too early to talk about capsular contracture. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Possibly capsular contracture 6 weeks post op?

Thank you for your question.  It usually takes significantly longer than 6 weeks for a capsular contracture to occur.  It is too early in the recovery to have a significant capsule.  Most likely the implant pocket is smaller on that side and will stretch out with time.  However his best to see a plastic surgeon for an examination and diagnosis and not to follow Internet opinion.

Thank you for your question. It is unlikely a capsular contracture at this time. I recommend you to see your PS for your evaluation.

Highly unlikely

very unlikley to have cap con @ 6 weeks post-op. Schedule that appt you are mentioning with your surgeon and have him examine you. Things should continue to round out and soften over the next several months. 

Is it capsular contracture?

Without an examination in person it is difficult to tell. There are different grades of capsular contracture. An examination will help determine what grade if any of capsular contracture you have to determine the appropriate treatment. In general, I would recommend massage as you are doing and follow up with your surgeon whenever possible.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Early result

Thanks for your inquiry an I am happy to hear you are happy with results and  your surgeon.  BUT, without an exam it is hard to advise.  In general capsular contracture occurs over months not weeks.  Regardless, get in with your surgeon and I am sure he/she will help you address your concern and best of luck.  

Possibly capsular contracture 6 weeks postop?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your augmentation.  It appears that you will have an excellent result.  At six weeks it is unlikely that you have a capsular contracture in your right breast and swelling is most likely causing the harder feeling.  It is not uncommon to have some asymmetry in healing after surgery depending on the amount of surgery and size of implants placed so I would allow your results additional time to mature and you should see a a gradual softening of your right breast.  Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation swelling

Breasts always take time to settle following augmentation, often 3 - 6 months. There is always a difference in how your breasts feel and sometimes look after surgery. This can be due to natural preoperative asymmetries and variable swelling that occurs between the two sides. Rest assured any difference will general settle and soften with time. 

Based on your photos you do not have a complication such as a haematoma, and a breast capsule won't occur in a matter of 6 weeks from surgery.

I would suggest just letting things settle with time.

Damon Thomas, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon