Can I get a mommy make over (TT, Implants) and butt lift together?

What I'm looking to do hopefully is get a tummy tuck and implants, and have the fat transferred to my butt/ and or hips. I'm 5'6 and about 115/120 lbs, therefore I know that my butt would not be crazy big because I simply don't have enough fat. I do think however there is enough fat in my tummy, sides and maybe thighs to just fill my bottom or hip out a little. Overall my health is in pretty good condition. I would also like to know if it makes a difference if you exercise on a regular basis.

Combining a Mommy Makeover with Additional Surgery Sites

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Can I combine these operations?

In short: yes those operations can typically be combined. Ultimately the limiting factor is the time in the OR and which operations are best for a given patient. There are many decisions to make in mommy makeover surgery and creating an individualized plan is key. I would suggest a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so your specific concerns can be gone over in detail, a physical exam be performed, and individualized recommendations be made. Good luck!

Mommy makeover and butt lift performed together

I often perform buttocks lifts at the same time as a mommy makeover, but I select the candidates carefully.  In general the best candidates are patients who are young, healthy and close to their ideal weight.  Each patient has different needs and desires that are unique to their case, so it is important to review your best options with an experienced plastic surgeon.

David Stoker, MD

Safety of combination procedures?

Generally speaking, combination surgical procedures are done routinely. However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery…
It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance. Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important considerations.
Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow. Always keep priorities (safety, avoidance of complications, and quality of outcome) in mind as you make your decisions. Best wishes.

Hi lady, those procedures can be done together without any problem, it would be interesting to see your pictures to give a better opinion about your case. Good luck!!!

Dr. Manuel Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD

Mommy Makeover

This is commonly done. You will need to be seen in person to determine what can be done safely. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in BBL and tummy tuck surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon you choose. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #tummytuck #brazilianbuttlift #mommymakeover

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Hello dear, thanks for your post.

It’s definitely possible to perform a Brazilian Butt Lift and Mommy Makeover simultaneously.

When patients undergo this surgical combination, safety should be everyone’s first priority.For this reason, procedures of this magnitude should be performed in accredited surgical centers.The operative times should never exceed four to six hours.

In contrast, performing these procedures simultaneously offers several advantages.These include synergy, less expense and one recovery.

For these reasons, it’s important to consider each case on an individual basis.No two patients are every exactly alike.They have different anatomic findings, aesthetic goals and social situations.It’s therefore, important to tailor the surgical approach to the patient’s needs.

Good Luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Mommy makeover options

Thank you for the question.  Yes, all three of those procedures can be safely and effectively performed together.  Some plastic surgeons prefer to stage multiple procedures and some will not perform buttock fat transfer and tummy tuck at the same time since getting a tummy tuck will necessitate laying on your back.  In the end, your choice of plastic surgeon will determine how the combination of procedures are performed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for those procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Butt lift with mommy makeover

Ideally you would not put much pressure on your butt after fat grafting for buttock augmentation.  That said, if you are going to have a tummy tuck and remove the pannus and need the fat, then it is probably worth transferring the fat.  Sure less will survive than if you had no pressure on the bum, but you will get some for sure.  As long as you accept a slightly more limited result then it is worth putting the fat in rather than discarding.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training Program,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC