What kind of surgery is best for my middle facelift?

I'm 29 ,I m thinking about endotine lift for my mid face,because it seems easy to recovery,do I make a good choice?

Why a Mid-Facelift?

Without photos it's not possible to give you specific advice about any particular procedure.At age 29 it is difficult to imagine that you would either need or benefit from any type of facelift surgery.There is nothing magical or special about an endotine device and it's application to facelift surgery. It is simply another way to hold of fix tissues after they have been repositioned. It will still be necessary to perform so sort of dissection and manipulation of the facial tissues before the endotine device can be employed. In fact, some of the mid-face lifting procedures that were developed in connection with the use of this device resulted in prolonged swelling in recovery. They have largely been abandoned. Without much other information to work with it is likely still safe to say that you probably aren't making a good choice. 

Midface lift at 29

Unless you have had some sort of surgery that has swollen and then deflated your face, you are not a candidate for midface surgery at this age.  Midface surgery has one of the highest complication rates of any facial surgery. If you use devices such as the Endotine they can be palpable for the rest of your life. You should consult a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced with facial surgery. Possibly fillers will help to fill your needs 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Mid-face treatment options

Without photos, it is impossible to say, but given your young age, I would probably suggest that you begin with something non-surgical such as Voluma to restore volume in the mid-face. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

MID FACE LIFT AT 29?

Doubtful that any surgical lift would be of benefit at 29 unless you had very unusually poor skin elasticity.  Generally, fillers or fat grafting would be most advisable.  With out photos and a hands on examination, it's hard to give a reasonable answer.

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Midface enhancement under 30021..

Dear Angela, At a minimum facial photos are needed to begin address your question and a consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon should be obtained before you make any treatment decisions.  Endotine use in the mid face is something many facial plastic surgeons abandoned years ago in favor of more reliable procedures with fewer complications.   The shape of your mid face bone structure and the condition of the overlying soft tissues (fat and skin) will guide the discussion and decision making process regarding various treatment options.  Simple but effective options for mid face enhancement include cheek implants, fat grafting, filler injections and the Silhouette InstaLift.  A short scar mid face lift (without endotines) is another good option in some cases.  

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic mid face lift

Thank you for your question . I was one of the pioneers who developed  endoscopic mid face/cheek lift.  This is an operation to rejuvenate the middle of the face. It elevates your cheeks back to a more youthful position . Incisions are small and surgery is performed with a little TV camera.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

29 ,I m thinking about endotine lift for my mid face,because it seems easy to recovery,do I make a good choice?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  All forms of suspension (endotine, threads, sutures) will eventually weaken as they pull through the soft tissues of the face.  In addition, suspension techniques using Endotine threads do not allow for removal of excess skin (which requires an incision around the front of the ear).  Instead, you may want to consider a minimally invasive, minimal incision SMAS facelift (described below). Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Alf the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
 I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

What kind of surgery is best for my mid -face?

In our practice we do not perform a mid-facelift do significant complications we have seen happen with that operation. When patients have a flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile, we restore that lost volume with placement of cheek implants. Cheek implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, are placed through a small incision through an intra-oral approach under brief general anesthetic as an outpatient surgical procedure. For more information  and many examples of cheek implants, please see the link and the video below

Midfacelift at 29

It is a little young to undergo surgical rejuvenation of the mid face since you have so many good fillers that can achieve it with no down time and little risk. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for middle facelift for 29 year old

A midface lift is a surgical technique that focuses on bringing up the hanging tissue of the cheek. There are many approaches and methods to fixate or secure the tissue in the elevated position. Any of these surgeries have a recovery period and risk potential. Before proceeding it is important to evaluate the entire face. I recommend a consultation with a plastic surgeon who focuses on the face. A physical examination and photoanalysis are critical to identify all of the features of your face. Often times fixing only one particular area reveals issues with the rest of the face that were not appreciated before. At 29 years old, you're young and have the potential to pursue less invasive treatments or even wait. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon